XP Deus 2 Vs XP Deus 1: 18” & 20” Depth Test

Ogliuga

Just back from test garden and did a quick comparison between D2 and D1 on 18” and 20” holes. Both detectors with 11” coils. D1 can’t detect coins in the bottom of the holes. Machines were both ground balanced and both on program 6 with the same settings. D2, set also with GS on 1, is much deeper. D1 was set on 8khz because that’s deepest freq. on that type of high conductivity targets. Next time I’ll do an iron masking test into the hole and not on air. Bye guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaFGhpB1Odk

8488F62C-9200-4CE8-93C1-D4BF5CE804B7.jpeg.0968c2f0ee84f2cb26839ab96bcf46aa.jpeg85DDB3BA-1683-49DE-BB9A-651483B7B814.thumb.jpeg.111aaea01362f5bb2dbf7c92e0551263.jpeg

• Like 4

Thanks.  Couple questions on your test.

What was soil mineralization as indicated on the mineralization bargraph?  If moderate to high, the TX power setting of 3 on the D1 could be counterproductive to depth performance.

Hearing a lot of EMI on the D1, was the D2 on and operating nearby?  It probably would have been advisable to lower sensitivity on the D1 to just quell the noise and then lower the D2 sensitivity to match the D1.

I missed whether you provided any information related to the metallic composition, mass, and diameter of the test target coins for context.

Note that if the test targets were high conductors, 4 khz on the D1 could have possibly punched deeper than the default program 6 setting of 8 khz.  On the other hand, 8 khz corresponded better to the D2 Deep HC (Program 6) FMF profile that has a purported max frequency of 14 khz and perhaps a midpoint frequency of perhaps ~9khz (the mid point between 4khz and 14khz).

• Like 2

Soil mineralization is the same: other depth tests on the same test garden with mild soil, no strenght bars. Target were the same of the 18” and 20” holes: 50 euro cent coin, 90% copper, 24mm diameter. Deepest frequency for this kind of target is the 8 kHz...I’ll test again with D1 set to 4khz and 12 kHz as well. Soil was wet because of some rain yesterday. Yes both machines were turned on with the same sensitivity, 95.  Thanks for your post Chase!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

seems extreme .my in air test for d1 and 9x5 coil on a 50 cent coin gives 6 to 8 inches ,what  dya get on air tests for the same tests?? on both  machines ???

Have to do that air comparison test, maybe during the next video. I tested 50 euro cent coin also on an air test, at home and with the D2, and the distance from the coil was about half meter in program 6. But depth in an air test will be always lower than a buried target in a mild/neutral soil. And this with a pulse induction as well.  Things would be much different on a mineralized soil where depth in an air test would be grater. Anyway I’ll do this comparison air test! 👍