Notch Or Discrimination

Rrnp

On the Deus 2 if I just wanted to cherry pick silver coins vdi 90 and above, which is better , to notch till 89 or discriminate to 89?  Pros and cons or just use two tones, tone 1 to 89 and tone 2 to 99.  Thanks

I'm relatively new to detecting, but I tried both of your methods initially.  However, the lack of noise or any type of feedback drove me crazy and I have to admit, I wondered if the machine was working at times.  I ended up setting up 2 custom programs based off of the Park program.  The only difference between the two was one used the Horseshoe screen and the other used the XY screen zoomed to 4 or 6.  That way I could toggle between the two to check a signal if needed.  I set the first tone to 0.0 at 100 htz, 2nd to 58 at 351 htz, 3rd to 64 at 502 htz, 4th to 88 at 749 htz and the 5th to 99 at 972 htz.  I can hear everything under the coil but the iron is grunty and there is no way you'll miss a high silver signal when it comes in at 972 htz.  

Maybe this will help, I prefer this method over notching or disc'ing everything out.  Just my noob 2 cents worth. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rrnp said:

On the Deus 2 if I just wanted to cherry pick silver coins vdi 90 and above, which is better , to notch till 89 or discriminate to 89?  Pros and cons or just use two tones, tone 1 to 89 and tone 2 to 99.  Thanks

Small silver coins (such as from the 1700-1800s) will read lower than 89/90 and as they get deeper the VDI will drop further. You are better to enter goldfield mode, IAR  = 0, reactivity = 0, notch 0-20, turn on tracking. 

• Like 1

Shopkins, 

Thats interesting, I may try out that program as well.  Are all the other settings standard?  Also, what happens with an IAR of O and what does tracking do for the program?  Thanks