Iron Masking?

Mirda

Hi, I've seen this video from test polygon - comparing CTX, Equniox and Deus II on same targets:

Guy uses full tones, but claims that Deus II behaved same with different tone settings, it's in comments on his channel:

What do you think about this comparison?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mirda said:

What do you think about this comparison?

that these guys are not very experienced ...  🙂

As I already said in the forum , for me those static separation tests are not reliable and you cant draw any serious conclusions from them . Because a real iron trashed area is very complex there are several layers of irons at different depths which is very different from having a nail near a target at the ground surface  ..

For me the only reliable separation test is to compare detectors in the field ( I mean a real area infested by irons ) . Detecting with detector A during say 3 hours , then with B during 3 hours , then counting the number of targets dug by both detectors .  Doing this you will see that the XPs are much better than the MLs , I mean in European conditions ( low to medium mineralized soil ) .  On some US high mineralized soils it might be a different story I dont know ...

Then my advice would be : dont trust these videos and do your own field tests  ...

Btw I am a field tester for a MD shop in France , perhaps my reports could help you a litlle ... Look at Le blog Métaux-Détection (metaux-detection.fr)    Sorry these reports are in French only ...

Also look at the following thread for a field report with a D2  in a real high iron trashed area ... :

• Like 3

I was in a random field, 1.5 hours in the early morning. Got 7 coins with D2 lite. Going just by tones. No need to look at numbers.  So I'm starting to like this machine.

Conditions were same for everyone in this test. And guy from Top Digin has some experience. I am just surprised by this test. D2 should perform better in my opinion.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mirda said:

Conditions were same for everyone in this test. And guy from Top Digin has some experience. I am just surprised by this test. D2 should perform better in my opinion.

Actually I have already done his test , putting a ferrous near a coin at the ground surface and comparing 2 detectors . I did the test with a Vanquish 540 and a Deus1 for example . The Vanquish did better than the Deus on this static test , just like in Top Digin video ... But for some reason the results were totally different in the field where the Vanquish was outperformed by the Deus  ...

I still dont have clearly understood why , but I decided to forget these tests as they are not reliable for me .. 

Btw 7 coins in 1,5 hours is a very good result , you are on the right way with your D2 ... 🙂

• Like 2