11" Coil Battery Issue?

Jed in NC

13 hours ago, Dham said:

My 11" coil has also gotten to the point where it won't charge. I tested the pins from the charging clip and I'm getting 5v out. I cleaned the contacts on the coil with Deoxit, tried the pencil eraser, no luck. So I contacted Detector Electronics. The guy that answered my call told me that he has no replacement coils in stock and that I would have to call American Detector Distributors. I called and gave a woman my email address. She sent me a form to fill out and instructed me to email it along with my purchase receipt to another gentleman.

That was earlier yesterday (Black Friday). So far I have not received any reply. 

The charging design is really poor. I never had any charging issues in the 25+ years I owned White's detectors. Now I'm stuck on a nice weather weekend with no detector. I ordered a 9" coil fromAmazon but it won't be here until Wednesday:( 

Bad luck , probably the coil lithium battery is faulty . Dont worry too much about this they will send you back a new coil or fix the issue .  Personnaly I have never had a coil charging/battery issue since I use XP wireless detectors ;  the D1 9" since 2013 , I have hundreds of hours with it , and now 40 hours with the D2 .   

You had a good idea to order a 9" coil btw , for me it is the best coil of the D2 coil set , ultra light and performing , I am sure you will enjoy it ...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, palzynski said:

Bad luck , probably the coil lithium battery is faulty . Dont worry too much about this they will send you back a new coil or fix the issue .  Personnaly I have never had a coil charging/battery issue since I use XP wireless detectors ;  the D1 9" since 2013 , I have hundreds of hours with it , and now the D2 9" ( 40 hours with it ) .   

You had a good idea to order a 9" coil btw , for me it is the best coil of the D2 coil set , ultra light and performing , I am sure you will enjoy it ...

Good to hear. While I am a bit disappointed at missing out on a prime weekend hunting opportunity, the forecast is showing some decent (Northeast US) weather next week. By then I will have the 9" and once I get the 11' replaced I will have a spare and will even get a 2nd S-Stem which will essentially give me 2  functioning detectors.

• Like 1