Manticore

17 minutes ago, D&P-OR said:

Is the Manticore proving out to be good for both  relic & coin hunting?-----When is the 8"X5.5"coil coming out for it?

I'll let others respond to the relic/coin hunting question... I've only had mine at the beach. I can say it's looking like the Manticore has the potential to be a very good beach machine!

As for the optional coils... no formal announcement from Minelab yet but I do know the 15" at least has been in testers hands for a bit so fingers crossed we get an announcement from Minelab before too long.

31 minutes ago, D&P-OR said:

Is the Manticore proving out to be good for both  relic & coin hunting?-----When is the 8"X5.5"coil coming out for it?

Yes------nobody knows. Hopefully soon.

Hello,

Haven't heard when the M8 coil will be released to the public but I am "on the list" to get one from my detector sales guy when they become available. Those small coils are invaluable for trashy sites as you probably are already aware.

As far as coin & relic hunting with the Manticore. I really like mine for both. I am finding more silver coins with it and even in the so-called worked out sites. Dig those deep-iffy signals and you'll be amazed at what is left in the ground.

I mostly hunt coins but do find relics too. Just the other day I found a 1941 State of West Virginian fishing license. I'll send a pic. Also, I have pulled out some three-ringers and tokens among other things.

Hope you have a great day!

John

1941 WV Fishing License.jpg

• Like 2