The Tesoro Sand Shark metal detector was introduced in 1999 and ceased production in 2018. The Sand Shark is a fully submersible pulse induction (PI) metal detector aimed primarily at beach and underwater detecting. The Sand Shark is submersible to 200 feet and therefore suitable for SCUBA diving. Note however that the coil and headphones are hardwired for extra waterproof integrity and are not interchangeable. There is a choice of 8" or 10.5" search coils at the time of purchase.
"The Sand Shark is the perfect beach companion. The combination of moving salt water and mineralized soil can wreak havoc with the standard metal detector. The Sand Shark utilizes Pulse Induction technology to eliminate this issue and allows the detectorist to hunt in areas that frustrate others. This unit provides control over the pulse width to balance battery life and depth. The Sand Shark also includes a tone adjustment, allowing the user to choose either a variable pitch or a single tone. The Sand Shark’s headphones and coils are hardwired to the detector to protect it from leaks, allowing it to dive
up to 200 feet. Available with an 8” or 10.5” search coil." Source: Tesoro 2013 catalog
Tesoro Sand Shark metal detector
Tesoro Sand Shark control panel
- Operating Frequency 600 pps
- Searchcoil Type Printed Spiral
- Searchcoil Size 10½" diameter
- Audio Frequency Approx. 220 - 450 Hz
- Audio Output Stereo Piezo Headphones
- Weight (may vary slightly) Less than 4½ lbs.
- Battery Requirement Eight AA DC (alkaline)
- Battery Life (at preset) 10 to 20 hours
- Optimum Temp. Range 30° to 100° F
- Optimum Humidity 0 to 75% R.H.
- Operating Modes VCO Motion ALl Metal
- Adjustable Audio Frequency All Metal
- Maximum Depth Rating 200 ft
Edited by Steve Herschbach