Equinox 800 To A Lode Mine Tailings

11 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

I may sound a little harsh bit it sounds to me like you need to learn how to read a GPs and a topo/claims map before you worry about the type of detector you should have...

Any detector that does find you some gold would be great---especially if it is on your claim.

This is a basic tenet of detectorists'--- to know where they are at at  all times-- dont be that guy who has to be embarrassed when the real claim owner shows up busting your a.. and all you can say is. " I thought we were on my claim"-- Trust me-- at the time it sounds so weak of an excuse that you will want to crawl under a rock. 

Hopefully the claim owner will blow it off and tell you exactly what i just did. 

Opinion given with love---- but dont mess up!!! -- too easy to use a real map !!!

You seemed to missed what I posted , I was invited by the claim owner to go with to checkout his claims ,

when we got to where he thought his claims were , I looked at his paperwork [ limited ] IT LOOKED TO ME THAT WE WERE NOT ON HIS CLAIM , I took us to his claim with his limited paperwork , then the person who brokered the claims came a couple days confirmed where I said they were !

Now to see if we go back in August , the owner mentioned that while we were there 😉

And get time to really check out the claim , & the NOX for hunting tailings from load ? 

2 hours ago, KD0CAC said:

Now to see if we go back in August , the owner mentioned that while we were there 😉

And get time to really check out the claim , & the NOX for hunting tailings from load ? 

Gerry in Idaho has a lot if experience with using a Nox on tailings- this is a good read too:

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/15207-why-ive-found-more-ounces-of-au-with-sub-1000-detector-when-i-own-an-sdc-gpx-gpz/?tab=comments#comment-155676

I checked out Gerry's linked post , helps to confirm , just more time to learn the NOX , and more time in that area ?

Too bad I do not live closer to Colorado and frequent the same spot .