** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

2 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

A map of the area as Jed worked it.

img398.jpg

The top of fault kettle is pretty good size being about 100 ft long and 60 ft wide & 25 ft deep or so. It has been worked but there is a good chance of finding gold still there and needs exploration work. It's remote so innitial exploration is going to be by hand with a drywasher. 

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

GM, I stumbled on this forum after searching for something I can’t remember and fell down the rabbit hole of this thread. i’ve become a member just to comment on your story.

An amazing tale that I’m fully invested in lol.

I’m an Aussie living in a small town of about 1,000 people and even though my grandfather was a mad prospector in a renowned NSW gold region it’s taken me 64 years to get “the bug”.

Thanks for the work you are putting in.

My only connection with Sierra Nevada is I love the Sierra Nevada beers! A carton of Torpedo (24 stubbies) in Aus is US$93 !

By the way, where I live the wild dogs are much more dangerous than the drop bears ?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Macca said:

GM, I stumbled on this forum after searching for something I can’t remember and fell down the rabbit hole of this thread. i’ve become a member just to comment on your story.

An amazing tale that I’m fully invested in lol.

I’m an Aussie living in a small town of about 1,000 people and even though my grandfather was a mad prospector in a renowned NSW gold region it’s taken me 64 years to get “the bug”.

Thanks for the work you are putting in.

My only connection with Sierra Nevada is I love the Sierra Nevada beers! A carton of Torpedo (24 stubbies) in Aus is US$93 !

By the way, where I live the wild dogs are much more dangerous than the drop bears ?

Hello Macca. It is great to hear from you & many thanks for reading the journal. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reg Wilson said:

Many thanks GhostMiner, Not only for the fabulous saga of the journal, but for exciting memories of my own golden journey and the realization that the modern electronic gold rush needs to be recorded as well as the past.. The characters both good and bad are worthy and deserve to have their stories told.

For some time I have been working on just such a book, and thought that I had it ready some time ago, however there just seemed to be more and more material dragged back from memory and from meetings with old pals that I felt needed inclusion. The original book may turn out a little thicker, but nowhere near thick enough to tell the latest gold rush story adequately.

I really need to get this portion of the story told this year as time is slipping away.

Thanks again ghostMiner.

You are welcome and thanks for your kind words.