Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Minelab Price Increase

Swegin

What are containers going for in SF and LA? They are like 2x normal price in Wyoming. Steel stock like angle and tubing is like 2 or 3x normal too. 

New normal with prices I guess. The only metal seemingly not going up is gold. Inflation hedge, what?

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2022 at 9:52 PM, Jason-NEK said:

Indeed this is true that the prices have gone up on the Equinox.  There is a strong belief that this is not because of inflation, but instead that a new chapter to the Equinox lineup is about to be released at this years Detectival in September.  They want to keep the edge against Nokta Makro and their Legend release this year.  I don't know if you've noticed or not, but Minelab has dropped its patent rights to their Multi-Frequency technology and this is the very reason why the Legend is boasting their new one of a kind, "first true" simultaneous multi-frequency technology.  Now we all know that Minelab always patents their new processors and technology as its ever changing.  What is the next chapter for Minelab?  2022 release of the new CTX6060 or maybe the Equinox 2 to compete with Deus?  hmmmmm......?????

v

How does an across the board (or near across the board) price increase by Minelab "keep the edge" against N/M and its Legend?

I wouldn't be surprised if a CTX 4040 or Equinox 1000 gets announced later this year. But I don't see how that would be a reason for Minelab to increase the prices of its products now.

QED: I'm inclined to believe Minelab's price increases are mostly due to inflationary pressures, not greed.

On 2/5/2022 at 12:23 AM, RobNC said:

The arrogance is strong within them. Always has been. Price increase = enhanced greed on their part. Gasoline price went up over 10 cents in 24hrs around here.

Getting downright difficult for a man to afford anything other than working and sleeping.

In Atlanta the tactic of gas stations (quicktrip & racetrack) is to raise it 10 cents at one time and then gradually lower it over two weeks back down at 1 cent every day or two. Kinda favors the gas companies. What else is news.

Soon it will go from mom and dad having to work to keep one household going, to mom, dad and child or two the way things are going in California. I just wonder if this is a true correction for our economy as everyone has been living of debt, its time to pay the piper, collectively.