Deepest And Most Complex Ability Deus II Program

shopkins1994

Hi Everyone. I posted the following video on a response to a different post, but I thought I would post it here for you incase you aren't reading that thread.

This is a video explaining how to go the deepest depth possible with the Deus 2 and also how to increase the Deus 2's ability to process complex signals such as coins on edge. 

Happy swinging!

Interesting video. But you give the settings that will work in optimal ground conditions. Which are no trash and no mineralization. Some people will need to use some if these filters to make the Deus 2 work for their sites. Best to adjust settings individually based on site conditions.

1 hour ago, shopkins1994 said:

how to increase the Deus 2's ability to process complex signals

This concept is most interesting and you have explained it in a way that actually makes it understandable to morons like me. Everyone always said AM went deeper, and this explains why. Thanks for this.

It is the “Complex Ability” part that interests me most. Following this logic, then whether one wished to hunt deep or not, an advantage given by processing power is retained. Would that be correct?

For example, if one really wished to hunt shallow but was mostly concerned with unmasking ability in aluminum and iron trash, would the advantage be lost by the presence of undesired targets using your ticks? If not, then even if it is slower one could look at TID display to evaluate every signal and perhaps increase finds? Or maybe do a better job of evaluating and rejecting trash?

In very heavy trash then, does using the filters makes more sense or would the complex ability allow for unmasking that would make it worth the loss of ground coverage by using time to visually evaluate every signal?

Do these questions even make sense in this context or am I reading too much into what that video says?

2 hours ago, abenson said:

Interesting video. But you give the settings that will work in optimal ground conditions. Which are no trash and no mineralization. Some people will need to use some if these filters to make the Deus 2 work for their sites. Best to adjust settings individually based on site conditions.

In that case you should start with everything off and only add the bare minimum. 

49 minutes ago, Geezer said:

This concept is most interesting and you have explained it in a way that actually makes it understandable to morons like me. Everyone always said AM went deeper, and this explains why. Thanks for this.

It is the “Complex Ability” part that interests me most. Following this logic, then whether one wished to hunt deep or not, an advantage given by processing power is retained. Would that be correct?

For example, if one really wished to hunt shallow but was mostly concerned with unmasking ability in aluminum and iron trash, would the advantage be lost by the presence of undesired targets using your ticks? If not, then even if it is slower one could look at TID display to evaluate every signal and perhaps increase finds? Or maybe do a better job of evaluating and rejecting trash?

In very heavy trash then, does using the filters makes more sense or would the complex ability allow for unmasking that would make it worth the loss of ground coverage by using time to visually evaluate every signal?

Do these questions even make sense in this context or am I reading too much into what that video says?

Geezer you are correct. The more processing time results in more signal review by the CPU. Now bear in mind that the Deus 2 will not detect a Reale placed over an anvil simply by turning things off. The moral of the story is that everything you turn on may hurt you and you should only turn things on that help you and the bare minimum at that.

3 hours ago, shopkins1994 said:

In that case you should start with everything off and only add the bare minimum. 

Frankly, after having used Equinox and Deus for several years under all kinds of detecting situations (Andy (abenson) has too, the poster to whom you directed your reply) it's a little more nuanced than that.  But that's one way to approach it starting out if you have little experience on what the filters do and how they affect the received target signal.

As far as the D2 is concerned, Andy and I have been trading notes and through trial and error testing and actual field use, find the default settings provided by XP are pretty good at optimizing the detector for the anticipated use situations as described in the various mode descriptions in the manual and only minor tweaks are needed, but a lot more swing time and varying situations are needed to validate that initial perception.

38 minutes ago, shopkins1994 said:

The moral of the story is that everything you turn on may hurt you and you should only turn things on that help you and the bare minimum at that.

So then, taking this as a first principle, and given the result is:

40 minutes ago, shopkins1994 said:

The more processing time results in more signal review by the CPU.

What then does more signal review give? It would seem more data for a clearer picture, or more time to evaluate, or even the ability to review more signals in a given sweep which might enhance unmasking.

I apologize in advance that it will take some time to make this clear to my feeble mind, but all sorts of very interesting possibilities come into view when thinking in these terms.