Deepest And Most Complex Ability Deus II Program

shopkins1994

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Iron volume is not a filter at all.  Iron volume merely let's you hear discriminated iron tones with a coarse volume adjustment.  Discrimination is the filter in this case.

Thanks for your answer! But why on D1, there is a depth lose between Iron Volume 0 instead set to 5? Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Ogliuga said:

Thanks for your answer! But why on D1, there is a depth lose between Iron Volume 0 instead set to 5? Thanks in advance.

You might be confusing another setting, perhaps?  I haven’t experienced any depth loss resulting from where I set iron volume on D1.  It should have zero impact on depth.

Here's a good video that shows what happens when you go to extremes with settings in high mineral and high EMI sites on both the Deus 1 and Deus 2. My soil and EMI are very similar. Although I have a little more wiggle room on the settings he's talking about in my area. Specifically reactivity.

29 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

You might be confusing another setting, perhaps?  I haven’t experienced any depth loss resulting from where I set iron volume on D1.  It should have zero impact on depth.

I agree when you say it should have no impact on depth. With D1 there was some differences between iron volume set on 0 and set on 5. I’ll try with D2 as well. Thanks for your answer.

If you are talking a mixed ferrous signal or target, if depth is affecting the ferrous component, I.e., driving a signal from mixed to full ferrous as the target is moved further from the coil, then with iron volume off (0) you of course are no longer going to hear the target at some point whereas you will continue to hear the target if you have iron volume on as it transitions to a full ferrous signal at depth.  That would give the false perception that iron volume affects depth.  It should have no effect if your target remains fully ferrous or fully non-ferrous during the depth excursion regardless of the iron volume setting.

3 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

If you are talking a mixed ferrous signal or target, if depth is affecting the ferrous component, I.e., driving a signal from mixed to full ferrous as the target is moved further from the coil, then with iron volume off (0) you of course are no longer going to hear the target at some point whereas you will continue to hear the target if you have iron volume on as it transitions to a full ferrous signal at depth.  That would give the false perception that iron volume affects depth.  It should have no effect if your target remains fully ferrous or fully non-ferrous during the depth excursion regardless of the iron volume setting.

I’m predominantly talking about these iron volume effects on mineralized grounds. For example, a coin with similar dimensions to a neckle put in the bottom of a 8” hole for a depth test: no signal with iron volume 0, mixed signal with iron volume 5..not a totally ferrous signal but a mixed one. And  with iron volume set to 0, there were no signals. I know this can be seen like a weird behavior and it’s weird for me too. I’ll try to make a video about this. Thank you for your kindness and see you soon.

In italian we talk about “drift towards ferrous”, specially on mineralized grounds. And with iron volume 5 vs 0, it seems that this “obstacle” can be overcome..

19 hours ago, Ogliuga said:

I’m predominantly talking about these iron volume effects on mineralized grounds. For example, a coin with similar dimensions to a neckle put in the bottom of a 8” hole for a depth test: no signal with iron volume 0, mixed signal with iron volume 5..not a totally ferrous signal but a mixed one. And  with iron volume set to 0, there were no signals. I know this can be seen like a weird behavior and it’s weird for me too. I’ll try to make a video about this. Thank you for your kindness and see you soon.

In italian we talk about “drift towards ferrous”, specially on mineralized grounds. And with iron volume 5 vs 0, it seems that this “obstacle” can be overcome..

I understand what you are saying about "drifting towards ferrous".  Good phrase.  A mixed target signal, especially in mineralized soil, still means it is likely straddling the ferrous discrimination breakpoint.  When you straddle the edge of a filter such as discrimination, unpredictable behavior can result because the filter edge is not an "on-off" cliff and the iron volume adjustment is coarse so the way the signal is processed, including signal characterization and depth can vary with each swing.   The degree to which the target signal "favors" ferrous as indicated by the ratio of ferrous signal to non-ferrous on the horseshoe display, as well as other key settings such as reactivity, may play into how much the non-ferrous audio component of the target is "clipped" when you completely remove iron volume, which can result in total loss of target audio and ID at depth, which is "misperceived" as an iron volume adjustment affecting depth. 

The solution is to not run with iron volume at zero to avoid detrimental clipping of mixed target signals at depth.  I also prefer the continuity of pitch audio for the non-ferrous target component vs. discrete multi-tones which also tends to limit the disc clipping effect of mixed target signals. Of course, this approach means you have to rely more on visual target ID for precise target identification.  As a relic hunter whose sites are less polluted by non-ferrous trash (e.g., aluminum) than say a park or beach hunter's sites, I am usually simply just digging all non-ferrous anyway, regardless of TID, so pitch audio is not an impediment.  I have noticed on D2 more "huffing" or punching of mixed ferrous target audio when using pitch audio when square wave audio is selected than when PCM audio is selected FWIW.

HTH

Thank you very very much for this qualified and exhaustive answer. I’ve searched some verbs in the web because my english is little and I think american language is even more complex. Anyway I understood everything. I’d like to make a quick video about iron volume but I have to come back on the red dirt and it’s not just around the corner. Thank you again for you answer, I appreciated it very much.

3 hours ago, Ogliuga said:

Thank you very very much for this qualified and exhaustive answer. I’ve searched some verbs in the web because my english is little and I think american language is even more complex. Anyway I understood everything. I’d like to make a quick video about iron volume but I have to come back on the red dirt and it’s not just around the corner. Thank you again for you answer, I appreciated it very much.

I look forward to you visually/audibly demonstrating the issue with iron volume.  I am making an educated guess based on your word description of the issue.  Seeing it happen in real time may reveal a different root cause.

I noticed about this behavior on Deus 1. I’ll try with D2. Next time I’ll go out with detector I have to test also a program and see how it reacts to mineralized soils. Let’s see. Bye for now