GPX 6000 Vs. VLF Target Separation On Hot Ground Tip #4

On 10/4/2022 at 1:01 PM, Dutchman4 said:

Do I have it right to just run in Difficult mode all the time for best results in all soils or only when working in heavy mineralized soils and hot rocks?

All depends on your soil conditions, experience with the 6000 will teach you lots....I find that running normal in Auto1 on old mullock heaps (as long as they are not steep) and tailings piles gives me terrific results. I am lucky coz I got a good 6000 with a good 11" mono coil. Once detecting on flat goldfield terrain here in Oz (with our high mineralization), I have to reduce the settings to Difficult and manual 5-7 usually. The difference in detect-ability for tiny, flat bits of gold is quite noticeable when changing up to normal mode. I think there is a 10% difference in finding the tiny stuff.....Difficult still provides great results on even pinhead sized gold, as long as the gold is solid and not just a flake. 

It could just be my 'take' on it, but I feel that the reduction in gain settings ONLY reduces noise and has no benefit in actual sensitivity. This is more obvious in the manual section of the gain.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Smigo said:

Bummer, can't watch them unless I download an app.

He took them down for some reason, they’re not showing up in the US either. They were up a while ago, but when I came back to look at them again they were gone.