900 Vs Manticore -help?

TroyLPN

2 hours ago, Geordiedan said:

Have to agree I use my wm08 all the time. The assumption had been that the new machines would be Bluetooth LE compliant but so far I’ve not heard of anyone pairing any non-OEM devices as yet. 

I am also surprised ML totally abandoned their WiMax platform going forward.  It was overpriced and the lack of cross-detector compatibility was frustrating, but it generally worked well, though there were issues with manufacturing quality, which seems par for the course with ML.  The lack of BT LE non-OEM accessories mentioned is likely because there just isn't that much out there right now.  Would be great if ML developed a BT LE compatible universal receiver to mimic the WM08 functionality.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Came across an article that pretty well shows the advantages of the Manticore over the 900, including a side by side table comparison at the end of the page. One thing that he misses is the 50% more power that the Manticore has compared to the 900. The 50% more power is explained by a Minelab rep among other features in the youtube video I linked at around the 2:19 mark.

The article discusses discrimination differences of the 2D ID screen vs. the 900's discrimination, the monochrome vs. color lcd, the multi-IQ of the 900 vs. the multi-IQ+ of the Manticore, 4 search modes vs. 10, more sensitivity adjustments, etc....

A good read if your on the fence as to which to buy. Apologies if these were already linked somewhere in the prior 20 pages.

Article- https://www.crawfordsmd.com/minelab-equinox-900-vs-minelab-manticore

Power explained video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxdW4DpT52o

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1