D2 Park Change

A lil change from the park today with 9 inch coil and I was running the Silver Slayer program to try it out (thank you).   No silver today but there is more coins left in there. Ran out of time it was getting dark.

52375357-8B59-4347-938A-B29743D57290.jpeg

30 minutes ago, PI-Man said:

A lil change from the park today with 9 inch coil and I was running the Silver Slayer program to try it out (thank you).   No silver today but there is more coins left in there. Ran out of time it was getting dark.

52375357-8B59-4347-938A-B29743D57290.jpeg

Wow! That's a good days' pay for metal detecting 😀 SS finds the coins, especially nickels! Didja get any Zincolns? Doesn't seem so. 👍

Yea it was eating those nickels.  I did get a few Zincolns, but it was probably because  they were right next to a copper penny.  I was getting some weird sounds and dug them when I was extracting the copper.  Great program.  I am going to go through area another day and use a different program that’s a little more open to see if gold is hiding in there at the numbers that were notched in SS program.

4 minutes ago, PI-Man said:

Yea it was eating those nickels.  I did get a few Zincolns, but it was probably because  they were right next to a copper penny and I was get some weird sounds so I dug them getting to copper.  Great program.  I am going to go through area another day and use a different program that’s a little more open to see if gold is hiding in there at the numbers that were notched in SS program.

Yup, it's called Silver Slayer for a reason! 😀 You will miss most gold except honkers that hit in the 90s... How often does that happen? 🤣

I'm sure you got some trash that falsed good, but hey that's detecting. 🤷‍♂️ The point is to get as many coins as you can. 👍 Great hunt!

24 nickels by my count, and a nice amount of quarters! If it's hitting the nickels that hard, than some gold "ladyfinger" rings shouldn't be far behind! Nice job!!

You guys can train me on it, when I get a good price on a used one!!😁🍀👍👍

4 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

24 nickels by my count, and a nice amount of quarters! If it's hitting the nickels that hard, than some gold "ladyfinger" rings shouldn't be far behind! Nice job!!🍀👍👍

Silver Slayer has a "hole" for nickels, I think it's 61-63. 😀 That's why I got a Jefferson and two V nickels. I also got small pieces of aluminum crap that hit there too. 😡 Unavoidable. What it does best is reject most iron.

Nice hunt and some good saves.

Good luck on your next outing and I will also send some of my weather to you for good luck. It is only in the low 30's so it should send a few chills up and down your back every time you get a good target.

I am trying to get a head start on all the competition that is moving to this state/area.  Hahaha 🤣 

It’s cold today low of 34 hi of 54. 😃 Well not really cold - nice change from the 100s and humidity that happens in the summer though.  

Valens that chill you are sending for back.  Can you arrange it only happens when gold is the target under the coil. 😆 

How old is the park you are hunting? The clad find is similar to where I hunt. The dirt around here has been turned over many times with re construction over re construction...so in my area I'm mainly looking for lost jewelry the coins are incidental finds...every quarter or dime could be a silver ring...every pull tab, nickel or piece of can slaw could be a gold ring...every zinc penny could be a really big gold ring...we are all a product of our environment each of us have different scenarios but the one thing we have in common is detecting is our therapy...jeez that last part sounds like a pep talk time to stop...nice hunt 🙂

strick 

Strick — I think that particular park is about 30 to 40 years old maybe older.  Me too I treat everyone signal as potential for gold or silver.  Coins are fun but I am looking for silver n gold — platinum even better.  Trying to get used to the D2 before my historic sites visit.  A lot of our dirt even away from the beaches still has the salt component and it eats those clad coins too just not as fast as beach, but still fast.  Plus lots of fertilizer they use I imagine.  They really haven’t modified the parks around here too much.

just a nice break from the beach too!