Lessons Learned On Black Sand Beach W Iron

619_805_okie

You did not say if your setting for black sand was accepted  or rejected ?

7 hours ago, 619_805_okie said:

The black sand and iron mixture really seems to give detectors a hard time. I ran in beach and beach sensitive, alternating between the two after each half hour or so. At first i really struggled to find coins due to chatter and iron..

I am not sure where the info on your settings came from?
I cannot run your settings on black sand. You should be looking at Beach Pitch and Dive Mode! 

BTW> Very nice finds and lots more there! 

i have been working a similar beach loaded with coins and iron. i have found beach sensitive to work the best. reactivity 2 to 2.5

you have to go slow and anything that chirps i go back over and tight wiggle. the signals are not clear at all but they have a certain sound that your brain will start to learn. of course iron can still fool you but not nearly as often as was the case with other detectors

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carolina said:

You did not say if your setting for black sand was accepted  or rejected ?

What do you mean accepted or rejected? The settings worked quite well, if that's what you're asking.

1 hour ago, midalake said:

I am not sure where the info on your settings came from?
I cannot run your settings on black sand. You should be looking at Beach Pitch and Dive Mode! 

BTW> Very nice finds and lots more there! 

Trial and error. I did try the other modes but didnt change reactivity on them. 

8 hours ago, 619_805_okie said:

Trial and error. I did try the other modes but didnt change reactivity on them. 

Beach Pitch and Dive modes in black sand should beat Beach and Beach sensitive hands down.
Example: I could not even run beach at 78 for sensitivity and Dive and Pitch I could both run in the 90's with much more depth.  

2 hours ago, 619_805_okie said:

What do you mean accepted or rejected? The settings worked quite well, if that's what you're asking.

I can run beach sensitive 93 sensitive 1 reactivity 0 silencer pitch and I do balance in wet sand. I run magnetic sand mostly accepted and salt 7. As Cheddar said move slow. If I have issues I run magnetic rejected. Top right button GB. Then toggle thru past grab and tracking to magnetic ( accept/reject ). You may need to run reject.

• Like 1

If you are hunting black sand, you should check out the Tarsacci, it was built specifically for that usage and does quite well.    Even on land, I would say the Tarsacci has no problem hanging with, or even beating, the D2 in heavy iron patches, and I'm using a 12" coil vs the 11 on the Deus.  Both great machines!

• Like 1