Thank You, The Legend , Iwa, Digstock

Wow.

The problem I see with the challenge Dilek, is simply a matter of user error. For example, assuming that default settings are the same on each detector, or assuming that Park 1 on the Nox is the same as Park M1 on the Legend (they are not). Or, not realizing the massive depth differences in the various recovery speeds. In other words, I fully expect to see a lot of poor methodology, because I see so much of it now 
:)

I tend to agree, put the same coil size on each of the current high end SMF detectors and they'll find 99% of the same targets if the users know what they're doing,especially around my area.  It's only extreme circumstances one would outperform another significantly but most everyday targets they'll all get, so will many of the much cheaper detectors on the market, the % may drop a little but nothing hugely significant.  There are a lot of detector snobs out there, I'm happy swinging a very cheap detector if it's doing the job for me, it doesn't have to be the best most expensive machine on the market. 

The challenge while interesting is likely to get some people planting targets that they can manipulate so that one detector does better on them than another, yes this too may happen in the real world but the occurrence of it is likely very rare but I would expect these videos to pop up pretty soon from a certain crowd.

Perhaps some people in extreme circumstances like heavy iron contamination may benefit somewhat from one detector over another, but if you think of worldwide sales of a detector that's probably a small number of people and the problems they have could and very likely would be insignificant to someone living elsewhere.