A Real Heart Breaker Of A Ring And The Find For Today.

On Thursday I hit up the beach I normally hit and found it sanded in. Even in the good spot. So I went further down and found even more nothing. Upon my return trip back to the entrance, I happened upon a target and discovered it to be a heavy and somewhat tarnished ring. Inside was stamped Mexico but it didn't have any other markings besides that. I got too ahead of myself I kept thinking it was 10k gold because it was tarnishing green and somewhat gold in color. Unfortunately when I finally did get back and ran an acid test on it, it was not 10k gold so im a bit disappointed in that. Oh well a ring is a ring.

Today I hit up 6 beaches to find a beach that would produce. Went to all my regular spots, but found practically nothing except this one silvery pendant that I initially thought was a junker (due to the gemstones initially looking like plastic in the sun when I dug it out). It has the color of silver and when I looked again, the gem in the middle looked like it was cut, while the ones above and below shone like opals. I reckon that they're likely to be real. Still it was odd that it rang up as 24-26 on my legend. 

No luck on the beach search though, everything is pretty much sanded in for now. The last beach I did go to had a pier or something that went out towards the ruins of an old ship. Unfortunately that pier got wreaked in a storm, and so did the ship, so they tore it down recently. It would have been good to look there after they removed the pier but I was 2 days too late. Missed out on some silver but its alright. There's always new opportunities elsewhere.

20230402_193922.jpg

Still a good hunt as you were able to find some items, and get some exercise.

Good luck on your next outing.

8 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

That's a lot of beaches .

Too bad about the ring , it's a honker.🥸

It is a real shame. My luck with gold ain't too great and with everything sanded in, it's rough out there. Might spend less time out on the beaches to let it (hopefully) wash more stuff in.

16 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

The depositors are kinda scarce right now uptah camp .

There will be more with the hotter weather coming soon.👍 

Some of the cool stuff I find are old though. I guess my main concern is everything just getting sanded in so I can't even reach the targets. The gold had rocks filling the inner part of the band and the silver just looked old due to the design. (I got it cleaned up and it looks great)

20230329_171204.jpg