Can’t Stand It When A Detector Can’t Stand

I believe just about every detector that out can’t stand upright and the Legend is no different than all the others.

Everyone is worried about the cuff but not a word is every said about your detector falling over like a dead dog.

The first thing I do to correct that problem before I venture out is make a stand.

Below you will see some pictures of it before and after it’s finished. I show one of the type of paint I use . Part of the problem is keeping clear of where the battery pack would slide in.

It may look like a bow legged Texan but it does the job it’s intended for .

Chuck 

28609DA7-CF74-4DB8-BF61-395A7F2580DE.jpeg

4A2F46E9-AE8A-4F50-BA35-EC3E72C4F863.jpeg

B48DFC5A-75F4-4246-BF3A-6A7E2F934ACC.jpeg

DA7734CD-7722-4302-9BB2-3861F826208E.jpeg

A8C196E4-3841-4688-8C7E-F1AC4D952D53.jpeg

5A299BD6-FE96-40FA-B281-498E1B75919B.jpeg

E415A0C2-7DF8-4FDE-9059-52F52BDA6FAD.jpeg

I applaud the effort Ridge Runner, but at the same time, I think you just took first place for "Most Over Engineered Product" 🙂

Wouldn't it have been much less work, much cheaper, and much simpler, to epoxy or screw on some extenders at each end of the stand?

Digalicious

Yes in a way you’re right but if I want to sell it down the road I can just cut the ties. It will bring me a better price without bubble gum and screw holes in it. I don’t fall in love with any detector because tomorrow I may sell it . 
Thanks for your reply.

Chuck 

Yes, that might be a factor if you're going to be selling a detector. Although, what about having no upper section, and just epoxying the bottom extension to the tie, or drill a small hole through the bottom extension, put the tie through, then epoxy each small hole where the tie meets the extender?

It's no biggie though. I love "MacGyverying" things, no matter what it looks like🙂

You and I are on the opposite end of the spectrum. If I make something and it don’t come out like I want I’ll trash it .

I like all my ducks in a row and in this way I don’t quack 🦆 up.

Chuck 

I trash my MacGyvered stuff it if it doesn't work, or I find a way to make it better 😉

Since I wrote my last post, I quickly thought if I had something around the house that was cheap to buy and already angled. I thought of a plastic spatula that I bought at a dollar store a couple of years ago. $1 to purchase, and it already has a perfect flipper to handle angle ratio to widen the stand. Mine has holes in the flipper part, but some do not. I could take a tie and weave it through the 4 holes, then cut off the handle where appropriate. If it didn't have holes, epoxy would be fine. Cheap, effective, quick to make, and removable.

Nicely done, @Ridge Runner. But I wonder if you wouldn't have been cheaper with this accessory from Nokta https://www.noktadetectors.com/accessoire/impact-stand/

You can find it here and there for +/- 15$

HerrUU

I’d say your right on their stand being cheaper if I didn’t already have what I needed on hand.

You take a look at their stand on what I see it would be in the way of you wanted to use the battery pack. That’s the reason I went to the trouble of making mine and true fully I never like the one they make.

Chuck 

If Nokta Makro was willing while they making the arm cuff they could make us a great stand at the same time. 
 You can see bye my drawing of what I’m talking about. You can also see art was not my best subject. 
 Bye making the stand they make now longer and turn out about 1 1/2 inch at 90 degrees would give us the stand we need.

Chuck 

0A798EA8-6E0A-4246-94CD-5234A2ED44A1.jpeg