Friday Beach Hunt

Four hour beach hunt yesterday, water was still a little cool so I wore my hip boots. Couldn’t get out much deeper than mid thigh but it was good enough. Silver count was 1 ring, 1 earring and 1 1950 gw quarter. I also had 2 junk rings and a small amount of clad. 
I did electrolysis on the silver and then tumbled it. Not sure where the stone in the ring went to, I think it fell out while is was rinsing it.
the bad weather we’ve had recently stirred up a lot of trash but it also moved some good targets. I’m going back tomorrow morning to give it another go.

461ABA46-D56B-426C-82DF-C458A488C410.jpeg

AD746CAF-FFAB-4A36-BFE6-273BF9261D9E.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Dave johnson said:

I forgot add that I had one 925 earring

You can just edit your post, I do it all the time. 🤣

Great hunt, great job cleaning up but sorry you lost the stone. 😪 What does the ring say?

And welcome to the forum! 👍

Welcome Dave,👋

Yeah, Steve, the administrator/owner, just put that in place, as we were getting alot of spammers hitting the site! Keep posting and you will be editing like the rest of us soon enough!😂

Great finds, and welcome to the forum!!🍀👍👍

BTW, I've noticed that before with rings, corrosion will get in between the stone and setting, and when disturbed, the stone or stones can drop out! Also when digging!👍

You have a very familiar detecting name!!🤔😁

20230415_195624.jpg

35 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Welcome Dave,👋

Yeah, Steve, the administrator/owner, just put that in place, as we were getting alot of spammers hitting the site! Keep posting and you will be editing like the rest of us soon enough!😂

Great finds, and welcome to the forum!!🍀👍👍

BTW, I've noticed that before with rings, corrosion will get in between the stone and setting, and when disturbed, the stone or stones can drop out! Also when digging!👍

You have a very familiar detecting name!!🤔😁

20230415_195624.jpg

My name is really common, I’ve had police show up at work with warrants, fortunately I wasn’t the person they were looking for. I’m definitely not an engineer by trade, spent most of career as a parts manager at a marine dealership.

Well, detecting wise, "your" a legend!!😂👍👍