Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Makro Vs. Carrot - Comparing Pin Pointer To Help Determine An Impending Purchase

14 hours ago, Digalicious said:

I'm looking for an additional pinpointer as well, and have narrowed it down to the X Pointer Max, or the upcoming Nokta Accupoint that would pair with my Legend. Darn it, maybe I'll buy both! lol

The idea of not having to turn the Accupoint on and off is really interesting to me. Especially for the sites where I constantly dig, get back up, and get back down again in a few seconds. 

I've never used a pairing pinpointer, but for those that do, is there a lag between the time you turn on the pointer, and the time it pairs and is ready for use? 

yep I intend on getting one of the new nokta pointers when they come out also, don't know if it will pair with my avantree torus neck band speaker or not but don't really care either, i do not use the headphones that came with the Legend but will still get one just to see if they are any good, the other thing about the New X Pointer and the older version is they are a tip only pin pointer which I like

I also have the Simplex and that was the only reason i purchased the Pulse dive pointer to pair with the headphones that work with the simplex plus but I never have been able to get the pulse dive to pair with the headphones for the simplex at all and trying to get it warrantied was a pain in the butt so I just gave up on getting it fixed or replaced

9 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

What's a "Magic Holster" and where is the info on this PP?

Chase if you go back and read my first reply to this thread which was the second reply to this thread rite after your reply I explain what the Magic holster does, that way I will not have to re type it all again, the new Magic holster comes with the new 2023 Model X Pointer Max Pin Pointer

The info is on Quest site

2 hours ago, Digalicious said:

DS,

The Accupoint pairs with Legend, not the headphones ?

Ok that would be even better, the headphones and pulse dive with the Simplex Plus I never could get the Headphones and Pulse Dive to pair

7 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

Chase if you go back and read my first reply to this thread which was the second reply to this thread rite after your reply I explain what the Magic holster does, that way I will not have to re type it all again, the new Magic holster comes with the new 2023 Model X Pointer Max Pin Pointer

The info is on Quest site

Thanks  Yeah you were talking Nokta Pulse Dive so I moved on, didn't see you switched over to talk Xpointer.  I am not seeing info on the Magic Holster on Quest site and am not sure how you know which Xpointer version you are getting from a given dealer site.  Just wish these manufacturers would not not try to get by on using identical product names on different variants. It's annoying.

• Like 2

On 4/20/2023 at 8:13 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Thanks  Yeah you were talking Nokta Pulse Dive so I moved on, didn't see you switched over to talk Xpointer.  I am not seeing info on the Magic Holster on Quest site and am not sure how you know which Xpointer version you are getting from a given dealer site.  Just wish these manufacturers would not not try to get by on using identical product names on different variants. It's annoying.

i purchased My X Pointer Max from Andy and Charlene Sabisch I had Charlene to verify what I was indeed going to receive was the new 2023 model which plainly states on the box the X Pointer Max comes in, (Magic Holster), you can also tell by the Holster that comes with the Pointer has a small sown on cloth tab that reads Magic Holster, the first X Pointer Max has the same exact holster but the small tab is not present on the Holster and it does not state on the box either, other than what I have stated there is no way of telling the difference, the older version looks identical to the new version

you can tell if the pointer you receive is the new version by taking a small magnet and putting the magnet against the main housing, on either side of the power and settings buttons of the X Pointer max, if you do as I stated and its a new version X Pointer Max it will put the pointer in stand by the older version X Pointer max will not do this

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DSMITH said:

i purchased My X Pointer Max from Andy and Charlene Sabisch I had Charlene to verify what I was indeed going to receive was the new 2023 model which plainly states on the box the X Pointer Max comes in Magic Holster you can also tell by the Holster that comes with the Pointer has a small sown on cloth tab that reads Magic Holster, the first X Pointer Max has the same exact holster but the small tab is not present on the Holster and it does not state on the box either other than what I have stated there is no way of telling the difference, the older version looks identical to the new version

you can tell if the pointer you receive is the new version by taking a small magnet and putting the magnet against the main housing of the X Pointer max if you do as I stated and its a new version X Pointer Max it will put the pointer in stand by the older version X Pointer max will not do this

Thanks.  Good info.  Managed to see this when I logged in to the Quest site and viewed the "Shop" section vice "Products".

• Like 1