Another Unlikely Spot Yields Gold Ring..

2 hours ago, blackjack said:

I'm a bit envious of where Eric lives, I'm sure most of the time he's in bare feet and thongs are his version of safety footwear. 

9 hours ago, dogodog said:

As for the flip flops I wouldn't be caught dead in those. I'm like an old cowboy, Die and detect with your boots on!!!!!

Yeah most mornings bare foot is the way to go on the beach.. Thongs/flip-flops come in handy along creeks.. I've also got scuba booties and steel-cap work boots in the back of my 4X4 somewhere.. Like detectors, tools for the job..

I wore my thongs/flip-flops this morning when I found some more oldish coins (1938 - 1943) in the creek below the sand dune in the picture above.. They're in much better nick than their saltwater cousins.. I had to knock-off early because the detector ran out of juice..  

2.JPG

• Like 6

Hey Eric it's always good to find pre 1946 silver. I'm guessing Horseshoe Bay would have always been popular, especially when arriving by boat, because of it's shape and it's location, it would mean it's sheltered from the S/Easterlies ? Florence Bay looks like a good place on the right day and Radical Bay and Balding Bay, you're spoilt for choice.

• Like 2

Nice detective work Erik ! 

I knew you were talking footwear , the alternative would have been just too unthinkable !

No no no no no  ! 😵 Careful what you wish for people !!!!!!!!! 

Erik might have to deal with a waiting line of women 😍 😍😍😍 all offering gold rings at the next beach ?

Now , seriously ?  I don't think you'd all want him to suffer like that would ya ?

• Haha 3