Ws6 Update Issue

barryny

Hi. I just updated my remote from 6 to .71 - all good.

Then i tried to update a fully charged WS6. When I get to the Update screen it goes "dim" and never starts the update. I'm using the single USB cord and a correct and working port on my computer. The cord charges the WS6 fine. Any help would be appreciated?  Yes I'm on the WS6 side in the software.

Check to see if the USB port on your computer is USB 1 or USB 2 or above. There have been problems reported with some USB 1 ports working with the update programs because they require a faster data rate than USB 1. If your computer's USB port has a White plastic insert, it is USB 1. Any other color is higher speed and will work fine.

Sometimes just switching to a different USB port on the computer will make it work.

Also try switching  to a different USB data cable (not the 3-way charge cable) to see if that works.

Hope that helps.

Hi.  Thanks for taking the time to comment.  USB ports are 2 and 3 - I checked multiple ports.  I have a single cable cord that I used - it charges the WS6 fine.  I'll try to find another cable with that old school connector - all the new one's I have are the micro size...

• Like 1

Some USB cables are charge only and only have 2 wires, they don't have the -D and +D data wires just the VCC and ground.

Try another cable.

• Like 2

XP supplies a cable specifically for updating the WS6 in the box. Are you using that one? 🤔 It's just a single plug on both ends.

Thanks.  I'm not sure I have the cable that came with it (might have repurposed it LOL)  - I'll get a replacement and try that...meanwhile I basically use the remote controller 100% and the WS6 is really just for my headphones - so I am updated with the controller...

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/21/2023 at 11:43 AM, barryny said:

Thanks.  I'm not sure I have the cable that came with it (might have repurposed it LOL)  - I'll get a replacement and try that...meanwhile I basically use the remote controller 100% and the WS6 is really just for my headphones - so I am updated with the controller...

Hi!

Did you solve your problem with ws6?