Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Just now, rvpopeye said:

Your beach camping hunts make me homesick.?

But the fairgrounds are a lot cheaper. ?

I haven't been to a beach in I forget how long  !

Everything about that trip looked good to me . 

I wouldn't complain even a little bit about your recoveries..?

Thanks RVP,

This place was surprisingly cheap for a 9-day stay. We got there 2 days after spring break ended ? Heard it was a nightmare. Despite excessive prices for fuel, the park was only $60 a night. It's the largest campground on the East Coast. It has everything you could imagine and more, and is pretty quiet before Memorial Day. 

My wife and I like to hit someplace with palm trees and sunshine in April, been doing it every year for the last 15 or so. We used to go to Tybee Island, but kinda wore the place out. This was an 8 hour drive as opposed to 12, and a heck of a lot more friendly, with much more going on. Easy to get in and out with my huge RV.

It was certainly a blast for me, and my wife enjoyed it too, she even told me to go out detecting when she was tired of going out.

I've definitely done better on a camping trip but at least got a bit of just about everything. It was fun talking to other detectorists, I usually don't meet as many as I did there, and did way better than them as far as I know ?

I was really pleased with my Deus 2 program, and will be trying others in future exploits. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome hunt —  more shark picts!

We can find you a nice spot down here with the beach right in front of your RV.  Of course Joe D I think sleeps on that section of beach!  All I would ask is you drop me off with golf cart about 5 miles south to save me the walk.  ? 

• Haha 2