Gary's Youtube On Audio Filter

ColonelDan

I'm using AF at 5 myself now, and with Bottle Caps at 3 even the Coronas don't fool me. I still pick bottle caps on top as a courtesy, but I'm not digging them lately.

In High Square Audio Filter seems to mix some of the PWM characteristics in, that's about the best description I can offer.

If you use the bone phones you don't get High Square as an option.

There is a new video by Gary. There is something about the Audio Filter..

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

I'm using AF at 5 myself now, and with Bottle Caps at 3 even the Coronas don't fool me. I still pick bottle caps on top as a courtesy, but I'm not digging them lately.

In High Square Audio Filter seems to mix some of the PWM characteristics in, that's about the best description I can offer.

Thanks for your interesting report!

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

How do you think your depth of detection is with these settings?? 
Have you ever compared same fringe targets with filters off? 

2 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Those are the same settings I use on our beaches...AF5, BC3 and Hi Square.  Seems to work well.  I still dig a few just to confirm my thinking and so far, it's worked out...so far.  I say "so far" because I've worked beaches for so long that depending on the type and condition of the bottle cap, they can still fool you.

I'm beginning to think that particular video I saw might have been taken down.  I've searched and searched without success.  I also saw Gary on a recent video state that he was going to make a video focused on Audio Filter so I'm thinking when he does make that one, it will be more extensive than the one I originally saw....but that's just a guess on my part.

2 hours ago, midalake said:

How do you think your depth of detection is with these settings?? 
Have you ever compared same fringe targets with filters off? 

Haven't had a chance to test it at the beach, heading to one soon when I get home. For relic hunting it's great. I have tried from 0 to 5, and 5 is what makes the aluminum pop more than coins. I'm using a pretty unhacked General program, just AF and full tones and high square. 🙂 Oh and xy because i don't like the big numbers. Glare erases them.

Place I'm hunting now is loaded with Bottle Caps, can slaw and pull tabs. The coins are mostly on top, but I'm hitting memorials at 4-8" with ease. Silvers would be even easier if there were any 😏