Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Week Long Relic Hunt Day 4 - Attack Of The Zincolns

4 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Man, you killed it today, lots of great finds, congrats and well done! I'd say the Reaper 1.1 is doing the job alright. ?

Thanks Cap'n,

More like digging 48 Zincolns almost killed me ? It was easy though, most were right on top, and I had my trusty Devil's Tongue Park Probe with me.20230608_191756.thumb.jpg.0fe021a9ff328070577d8fa0740a8aae.jpg

It deserves an honorable mention, @kac really has a winner there. Leaving no trace is important both to me and the campground General Manager.

Looks like I've got it dialed in with this one. When I can turn the D2 on, noise cancel, ground balance and go it's a good sign. I'll probably just post the settings when I'm confident, but I liked sending it individually to those that requested the old Reaper to get feedback.

I'm going to strongly recommend use of Audio Filter. It really makes a difference with aluminum. My only fear is that I might miss some tokens, but round objects like the 1930 World Fair pull tabs I dug may suggest otherwise. ? Good thing I dig most 62s because that got me the cufflink. It did not have the brassy tone so I was sure I had a nickel ? it's awesome when I'm wrong... Sometimes.

Zincolns come in at 84 for the most part, memorials popped as high as 94 today.

What I really love is that even with multiple targets in a particular spot like 2-3 quarters and a memorial or Zincoln, I still got 93-94 consistently. That is another gripe about SMF detectors, the averaging or cancelling - the D2 did not do it. The best example was pulling a memorial out of a bed of nails.

The old Relic Reaper would have been a bit trifling here, this new version is much more quiet. Iron is just a low buzz. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ogliuga said:

Very nice again! Love to follow your threads with your finds and photos!

Thank you! Y'all may have a long "week", i extended my stay a few more days. ? There are going to be a few events this weekend, school is out most places and the campground will be filling up. It's been gloriously empty so far.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lodge Scent said:

Love that cuff link! Spectacular rainbow.

Thanks LC, this place has relics and is Park-like. Lots of older clad in the ground. I'm glad I haven't found any more live ammo like I have in prior years.