Not Sure What I Did To Urn This

Spent most of my time prospecting and recently got a Manticore so I could dabble in relic hunting.  Only been relic hunting for a couple weeks and I think I've found a total of $1.03 in spare change.  Everything else I'd classify as trash.  Yesterday I took the family out to a local beach and brought the manticore along.  Found several lead sinkers, pull tabs, etc.  I did come along a target that was pegging the centerline and reading 50-51 very consistently.  Good target right?  Well you never know what you're going to find I guess.  Certainly the most valuable target I've ever found but this was one that wasn't going to go home with me.  It was about 6" deep to the top of it.

Anybody else ever found one of these?  Maybe I'm lucky.....in a weird way.

PXL_20240616_180704887.jpg

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 5

• The title was changed to Not Sure What I Did To Urn This

A friend and I took one many years ago in a field.  It was quite deep and the material was aluminum

1 hour ago, Johnnysalami1957 said:

Did you open it? May have been full of gold! Already dug it up so might as well check.

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to be ghoulish.

The outside chance of finding a private mintage Mormon gold coin would be a real temptation.

• Like 3

On 6/18/2024 at 10:20 AM, dave_e said:

Yikes!

I found a sardine-type can with some critter bones in it once but this is next level.

Probably were sardine bones. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1