An Ear-Ringing Day At The Beach

Looks like a good day .🥸 

Silver in the pocket relieves all the stress the pull tabs create.🤗 

I always thought earrings shouldn't have to match....🤔 

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to An Ear-Ringing Day At The Beach

Nice hunt again for you, one of these days you need to do some hunting with me. I know that I have been busy with work and don't get a chance to get out there very much, but things are about to change.

With some new equipment and a few more workers, I have finally got the chance to take off a lot more.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Someone was skipping pull tabs which is why I got so many nickels

Sounds like a fun morning. Good job deciding to dig the chain and then actually recover it from that deep. I'm surprised not one ring with that many earrings. Strange ratio. On the nickels- with Manticore 27 is a nickel but 29 is a pull tab. I dig 27's almost always a nickel. You're right....some guys skip them thinking they are tabs because we hunt in a world of MANY tabs!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Looks like a good day .🥸 

Silver in the pocket relieves all the stress the pull tabs create.🤗 

I always thought earrings shouldn't have to match....🤔 

Thanks RVP, 

It would have been a lot better if parking was free, it cost $3 an hour. 🫤

It's possible that the vendor was serving the pirate community, or that I am missing a new trend. 🤔 🏴‍☠️

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Valens Legacy said:

Nice hunt again for you, one of these days you need to do some hunting with me. I know that I have been busy with work and don't get a chance to get out there very much, but things are about to change.

With some new equipment and a few more workers, I have finally got the chance to take off a lot more.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

Thanks VL,

I'm glad that you are looking at more time for recreation over vocation. Being retired is as good as one could imagine, I don't miss the daily routine of work at all, and I find myself busier now.

My wife and I are getting on a bit in age, she doesn't like to have me gone for a long time these days. For some strange reason she enjoys my company, but sure doesn't mind the jewelry. 🤔

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Sounds like a fun morning. Good job deciding to dig the chain and then actually recover it from that deep. I'm surprised not one ring with that many earrings. Strange ratio. On the nickels- with Manticore 27 is a nickel but 29 is a pull tab. I dig 27's almost always a nickel. You're right....some guys skip them thinking they are tabs because we hunt in a world of MANY tabs!

Thanks Brad,

On the Deus 2 nickels range from 61 to 65, older ones can be as low as 58. I've seen what I call "really fancy pull tabs" come in as high as 80, but usually they are 61 to 65. A half ring or twisted one will be lower, and the pleistocene rings are sometimes in the 40s. I'm just going to dig them all. The one benefit I enjoy with the Deus is its tonal variations, set up properly most aluminum has a distinct sound.

This beach has its regular hunters and is a "bargain" beach for the most part. I've only hit gold in the water, and generally have to wear waders to get it because of all the jellyfish. The only other option is extreme low tides. 

I've been told by people down your way that I'm doing better than most, I guess the recent heat wave (and probably work) is keeping both beach goers and hunters alike at home.

While I can always find something of interest at this beach, my next visit will be with every intention of a water hunt at least waist deep, the water in the river is a bit cold still so there may well be better stuff out there. Right now I'm not seeing any jellyfish.

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

I've been told by people down your way that I'm doing better than most, I guess the recent heat wave (and probably work) is keeping both beach goers and hunters alike at home.

It's hot as usual this time of year but that's not keeping the beach goers away in my area. Water temp has been 89, but it does cool you off. Parking lots have been nicely busy during the week as I am leaving my morning hunts around 11 a.m. Things have picked up, but mostly junk jewelry. Got a thick cobalt wedding band yesterday to add to my tungsten and titanium collection. ☹️

• Like 2

I would be happy with even a pull tab this week! Spent 4 hours at the State Park Sunday and managed to find one rusted old bottle cap.. This despite the beach being packed and there being a Volleyball Tournament going on.. 🤢

• Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1