Manticore Accessory Coils

The first batch of 10 Manticores all sold out in NZ I was one of them, the second batch struggled to sell from what I have seen as they just sat in stock and demand here certainly is nothing like it was for the initial Nox release. Since the first batch there has been no lists and dealers have had stock sitting there.   I can't see the Manticore being their best selling detector like the Nox was, If they are trying to say demand for the Manticore is the highest in Minelab's history I would assume that's another lie like their statement about the Manticore having better more stable Target ID's than the Nox which is still on their website even though it's widely acknowledged it does not.  Saying things like that though is intended to help sales, if people believe its the best selling detector and selling like hot cakes it makes other people want one too.

They have never cared about cols, they're always last on the to-do list.  It's all about money and to get the most money they want to sell the most detectors so lets pump out so many new models of VLF that our contracted factories don't have time to make Manticore coils as they're too busy making X-Terra and Nox coils to go in with detectors.  It's a management decision like all bad decisions out of Minelab, the buck always stops at the top.  It's fine for them, they can sell their detectors with limited accessories and gain more and more disgruntled customers and one day it will come back to bite them when customers just get so sick of it they move on to other brands even if they like their detectors and other brands are coming in with great products now that either are competitive with or in some cases exceed Minelab's products so it's only a matter of time.   

I would think if Minelab personally can't provide us coils for our flagship detectors, let someone else do it too, Detech would make fantastic Manticore coils, I would be so happy with my Manticore purchase if I could run Detech coils on it, let Coiltek pump out their coils too, they seem to be able to get coils to market quickly as demonstrated with the GPX 6000, once they were "allowed" to make coils they had them to market rapidly in all 3 sizes at once.

I think Minelab's a bit too big for their boots.

Its really been a disappointment all round I would say. They certainly haven't made many friends, I would think they have lost more than they have made.

I'm not buying the "high demand" excuse.  Just, not, buying it.  It's not like they can come out and say "we just don't care" though, either.  But, that's what I'm hearing, when they say "high demand".

- Dave

9 hours ago, UT Dave said:

I'm not buying the "high demand" excuse.  Just, not, buying it.  It's not like they can come out and say "we just don't care" though, either.  But, that's what I'm hearing, when they say "high demand".

- Dave

They care, as long is it lines their pockets, I can't say it lines their shareholders pockets as most of them are running at a big loss!   Simple solution, give the customers what they want, it's surprising how doing that increases sales.

The demand is such that I have not seen a single unit on the beach so far this year...🤔

There is stock in the distributors and I have already seen a couple of open boxes for around 1,400-1,500€.

Here, in Europe, its price is 2,000€.

I have not seen a single Nox 700 either, and the two 900s I know of, one (more of a novice) is delighted. He, another, more veteran, doesn't like it...

According to his words, too much "sensitivity"...

The 10' and 8' coils are also not available for the X Terra. Maybe they thought that this summer I won't go diving...

They lose the sale of a coil, it doesn't matter.

Today buying ML 85 headphones is impossible. I don't understand...

I know on some detectors, a coil can make a world of difference in how it performs.  A perfect example...Whites MXT.  It came with that 950 concentric coil and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why people liked that machine.  I couldn't get any depth at all with it. When I revisited it several years later with a SEF 10x12 DD on it...wow...totally different machine and it became one of my favorites.  However...Minelab machines really haven't been that way for me.  From the CTX to Equinox, I never noticed a performance change by going to a bigger coil, nor much of a separation advantage by going to the smaller ones.  The weight/balance was all that I've ever noticed with them.  I am kinda wondering if the Manticore coils won't be the same way.  I hate dumping $300 into a coil that all I can really say about it is....it made it a little lighter or heavier.

I think your soil conditions have something to do with that Daniel, I find the 17x13" deeper on the CTX, just like I find the 15x12" deeper on the Nox.  I like the 17x13" for the CTX so much I bought a spare one in case they discontinue the CTX and they become hard to get which they already are here , neither of the NZ dealers bother to import CTX coils as they just don't sell I guess or if mine fails with ears snapping off or something as that coil is my perfect coil on the CTX for my needs.