Manticore Software Update Helps For Gold Prospecting

I was just informed of the Software update to the Manticore.  One of the items mentioned, is better performance for Gold Prospecting.  Glad to see that added.

I look forward to hearing what others have to say Pros and Cons. 

• Like 3

You're a dealer & you were JUST INFORMED of this update?----It's kina/sorta like old news Gerry.---Was posted yesterday.-----Doesn't Minelab keep their dealers informed ("in the loop" any better than this?

• Like 1

Minelab USA,  didn't call me, didn't text me or email.  I heard 2nd source.  Minelab USA probably didn't even know until yesterday or today.  Sorry it's not what we'd like, but it's what it is.  At least we have an update. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Minelab USA,  didn't call me, didn't text me, didn't text me or email.  I heard 2nd source.  Minelab USA probably didn't even know until yesterday or today.  Sorry it's not what we'd like,  but it's what it is.  

🙂  Anyway----I can see three--maybe four (out of the seven or eight "improvements"----being a benefit to my wife & our style/areas of hunting.------I'm glad to see this update---now if will they get that 8"X5.5" coil out!

• Like 1

Usually I log onto DP early in the OZ morn. was watching live cricket 10.30PM OZ and logged on and as I`m off detecting tomorrow that was very fortuitous.Manticore upgraded Thank you Gerry from downunder.

• Like 3

Quite a lengthy thread on it there. Also a new manual out to reflect the update. https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/505058/4901-0428-2 Inst Manual, Manticore EN.pdf

The firmware update does indeed seem to improve the small gold sensitivity, I haven't had a chance to test properly yet but it's feeling more on par with the Nox now, rather than worse than it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1