Deus 2 Audio Setting Glitch

mark

On 6/21/2023 at 12:00 PM, mark said:

Hi as any one else had issues with the Deaus 2 after updating the firmware, mine doesn’t show any other audio except square tone, any help would be appreciated thanks Mark 

Here's an audio glitch I noticed with v1.1; 

When I select the bone phone output, only Square audio available.

Now if I go into options and select the wired phone or wireless output, all three audio options become available. If I select High Square, then go back to the bonephone output, the High Square audio is there and is the only audio available. No Square.

I go into options again and select the wired phone or wireless output, all three audio options are there again. If I select PWM, then go back to the bonephone output, it changes to Square and that is the only audio available. 

15 hours ago, Brad Plohman said:

Now if I go into options and select the wired phone or wireless output, all three audio options become available. If I select High Square, then go back to the bonephone output, the High Square audio is there and is the only audio available. No Square.

I go into options again and select the wired phone or wireless output, all three audio options are there again. If I select PWM, then go back to the bonephone output, it changes to Square and that is the only audio available. 

Square has always been the only option for the bone phones, and It's kind of a guess that High Square mixes PWM audio with Square, making it unusable for the bone phones. For some reason they can only use Square Audio. I noticed this too but I believe it is function not a glitch.

16 hours ago, Brad Plohman said:

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Square has always been the only option for the bone phones, and It's kind of a guess that High Square mixes PWM audio with Square, making it unusable for the bone phones. For some reason they can only use Square Audio. I noticed this too but I believe it is function not a glitch.

Yes, that’s not a glitch and is normal behavior and documented in the user guide.

On 6/22/2023 at 5:28 PM, mark said:

Yes I agree there are some serious glitches with this new update, something isn’t quite right with this latest update software?

Good reminder to make sure you don't have bone phones selected as your audio output.  What are the other soecific glitches have you noticed with the update? I am tracking them in a consolidated 1.X Update issues post.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Yes, that’s not a glitch and is normal behavior and documented in the user guide.

Yes, I understand Square is supposed to be the only audio for the bonephone output, but what I'm saying is if I change the output source from bonephones to one of the others, then select High Square, then go back to the bonephone output, it stays in High Square and that's the only audio you are able to select,...no Square. 

40 minutes ago, Brad Plohman said:

Yes, I understand Square is supposed to be the only audio for the bonephone output, but what I'm saying is if I change the output source from bonephones to one of the others, then select High Square, then go back to the bonephone output, it stays in High Square and that's the only audio you are able to select,...no Square. 

OK.  Thanks.  Misread that.  I'll try to replicate that.  Did you have the bone phones plugged in?

17 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Wow, did the GGAs work with the High Sqr audio, Brad?

Yes they do, CPT. I just have to do a little shuffling around in the audio menu to get there. At least it says High Square, very hard to audibly tell if it actually is High Square with all the EMI in my garage. I'm going out for a hunt tonight so maybe I'll try it out in the wild.