Adventurous Day - Gold, Ring, Fossil,petrified Wood, Tooth (lots Of Pics)

My buddy and I hit a river today. Sampling gravel indicated maybe 5 specs. The vegetation roots faired much better, so I spent the day only washing roots. Such a simple process too. Just put a chunk of roots with sand and gravel in your hopper, and let the water break it up. I got some great fossils, a ring, and other goodies using my metal detector. I faired OK with the gold too, considering it was not the North Saskatchewan River. "ROOTS ROCK."🍀🍀🍀🍀 (lots of pics)

june23.jpg

june23a.jpg

june23b.jpg

june23c.jpg

june23cc.jpg

june23d.jpg

june23e.jpg

june23f.jpg

• Like 8

Looks like you had a very good day with the hunting and sluicing.

Those roots do bring in the gold when all else fails, and it looks like a good location for gold.

Was that area flooded recently as that may have been a factor.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

16 hours ago, John-Edmonton said:

it rose about 4 feet and the water is receading. 

When I see such a big rain that raises the creeks around her very high I always do some test pans To find where it took the gold to. I usually have to move the equipment about 500 yards further  down stream to get anything of good size again. Then after another big rain I go back to the original area and check it out again. The gold usually finds it way back to that same spot again for some reason. I know that it is coming down the hills to the creek but I have yet to find from where. One of these days I will find where it is coming from and then halve to find a way to get it all out of the ground.

The problem with gold around this area, is that it is all flour gold, left behind from glaciers. There is no source. Normally, the gold gets larger in size as you get closer to the source, however that is not the case here. Gold is gold no matter what size it is.🍻 

• Like 2