Manticore New Journey (trials)

Hi to all, I am back with my experiments with the Manticore.

I tried the new stability program and I am not quite sure how it works, I found that the sound was somewhat different, but I am still trying.

Maybe I am using it in the wrong context, in the wrong settings. If someone has more experience, please help.

Another problem I find, mind you I had it since I started detecting in Australia in 83. Because our trash, pull tabs, aluminium bits, and bottle tops have the same ID as most of our coins,

It is always a challenge to detect in parks and some beaches. Has anybody found a way to help with the Manticore.

I tried a few programs with mixed results, none quite satisfactory. If someone has experience with those programs I would love to hear from their experiences.

I know that the Manticore can go deep and I have found dozens of small coins in the size of 1C, 3p, 5C and so on. My Grandkids love me for that.

I still love it.

Have a great day and keep swinging.

WoWo

3 hours ago, WoWoguru said:

Because our trash, pull tabs, aluminium bits, and bottle tops have the same ID as most of our coins,

It is always a challenge to detect in parks and some beaches. Has anybody found a way to help with the Manticore.

If the trash has the same ID as the coins, not much you can do other than listen for slight differences in the tone between trash hits and coin hits. I have to dig most pull tabs and foil because there's a chance it may be something good. Pull tabs do sound a bit different than round coins.

I read all the time about gold being found in the foil or pull tab ID range.

Hi

At least in the US, you have a lot more coins having a "personal ID". We Aussies are not that lucky, ours have the same ID and, like you I dig nearly all what I hear, the only help I get is from the display which, luckily, shows a sort of a smear, however, that is not always true, and I cannot rely on ID's too, because the original ID do change depending on the ground. Still I detect a lot of relying on "feelings and intuition".

Keep swinging and hAVE A GOOD DAY

WoWo