XP Deus 2 Vs XP Orx Small Gold Nuggets

Jeff McClendon

I do not have the opportunity to test nuggets, much less in soil that can really be called mineralized.

When I was on the bottom a few weeks ago, It happened to dig for a low aluminum signal and accidentally retrieve a broken steel necklace.The mesh is really thin, but not too thin either.

Unfortunately, I have to say that even though I have done air tests at different frequencies, with 9" coil and with a variety of settings, the beach and beach sensitive programs are not able to detect it at any distance.

Returning to the subject of a necklace, we know that it is a matter of detecting a single link and not the entire object, but that is enough to define what minimum size is suitable for the Deus2.

I dare say in millimeters, something between 4 and above.

• Like 1

Thank you for reporting your findings @Jeff McClendon, it was very informative! I was considering getting an ORX for getting back into prospecting, but your report has me thinking about trying the Single Frequency 45kHz program first. I use Single Frequency quite a bit to check iffy signals and it seems to be very accurate so I'm not surprized it does have some prospecting potential afterall. Now if we just get that 9x5" FMF coil for Christmas, I think the D2 coil stable will be complete. 😏

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Thank you for reporting your findings @Jeff McClendon, it was very informative! I was considering getting an ORX for getting back into prospecting, but your report has me thinking about trying the Single Frequency 45kHz program first. I use Single Frequency quite a bit to check iffy signals and it seems to be very accurate so I'm not surprized it does have some prospecting potential afterall. Now if we just get that 9x5" FMF coil for Christmas, I think the D2 coil stable will be complete. 😏

If you have the 9" coil for your Deus 2 you should be OK. Personally, if you still have a couple of the other detectors listed in your signature and have small coils for them, you might even be better off. 

• Thanks 1