Can XP Deus 2 Penetrate Rocks?

detector

I have a simple question.....find a VLF detector that can detect 0.1 gram of gold under an ironstone....?
   And in this case, the VLF detector cannot beat a good PI detector...
with a certain type of detection, the PI detector always wins ...

...so everything depends on how high the stones are mineralized....:smile:

• Like 4

On 8/27/2023 at 4:14 PM, EL NINO77 said:

I have a simple question.....find a VLF detector that can detect 0.1 gram of gold under an ironstone....?
   And in this case, the VLF detector cannot beat a good PI detector...
with a certain type of detection, the PI detector always wins ...

...so everything depends on how high the stones are mineralized....:smile:

what about multi frequence VLFs like Deus 2? they say it is more stable on mineralized soils and can penetrate conductive rocks

I am doing an ancient stream with rocks  and stones and d2 is silent but soil round the edges has iron sounds aplenty so I presume it won’t find coins under some stones which maybe to dense

• Like 2

On 8/30/2023 at 1:42 PM, brys said:

I am doing an ancient stream with rocks  and stones and d2 is silent but soil round the edges has iron sounds aplenty so I presume it won’t find coins under some stones which maybe to dense

• 4 weeks later...

This rock is heavy and dense ,it’s from the beginning of time ,tungsten burrs won’t touch it it’s so hard ,indentation from when it was in a liquid state

IMG_1337.jpeg

1 hour ago, brys said:

This rock is heavy and dense ,it’s from the beginning of time ,tungsten burrs won’t touch it it’s so hard ,indentation from when it was in a liquid state

IMG_1337.jpeg

Are you saying a tungsten chisel has no effect?  We’re you tapping to split it smoothly or whacking with force?

To me it looks like a rock that has been rolled in a river or glacier to get rounded out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 5:41 AM, brys said:

Keep in mind that if something is molten, it would adhere to anything it touches unless it is dropped in water or solidifies before it touches something (e.g. a lava bomb).  Lava bombs have a very typical spindle shape, and being volcanic ejecta, they also are full of gas pockets.  Your rock does not have any of the hallmarks of a lava bomb.   

Even if this was some sort of spatter bomb that landed in water, it would have a typical spindle shape and should still have vesicles (gas pockets).

The overall rounding on this looks much more like it is the result of river or ocean tumbling.  The little pockmarks are a type of weathering pattern where weathering initially takes advantage of a small spot on the surface of the rock (due to salt, fractures, crystal structure, differential cementation, etc.). Once the weathering starts on a spot, there is now more surface area available. Progressive weathering deepens the pit as the surface area grows.