Nx-1 Sun Ray Inline Probe For The Equinox

Jason-NEK

I have seen that for a short time last year the SunRay NX-1 inline probe pinpointer system was for sale online and from a few suppliers.  This was short lived and soon became virtually impossible as is the case today.  I was just wondering if any of the Equinox users on here were lucky enough to purchase one, and if so how did it work for you?  I'm hoping that in the not so distant future, the SunRay company will begin production again for all of the Equinox metal detector options that have become available.  ✌️

2 hours ago, Jason-NEK said:

I have seen that for a short time last year the SunRay NX-1 inline probe pinpointer system was for sale online and from a few suppliers.  This was short lived and soon became virtually impossible as is the case today.  I was just wondering if any of the Equinox users on here were lucky enough to purchase one, and if so how did it work for you?  I'm hoping that in the not so distant future, the SunRay company will begin production again for all of the Equinox metal detector options that have become available.  ✌️

Doubt that is likely to happen.----Ralph (Sunray) was in semi-retirement & is probably fully retired by this time.

• Like 1

Man that's terrible to hear considering how great the products were that came out of his business.  Hopefully he kept all of his blue prints and build designs on computer file for the family to possibly sell out to someone that would consider continuing the SunRay product line.  

Some years ago I bought a Minelab with a inline probe and I can’t say it didn’t work good. The trouble it put about another pound on that shaft I was swinging and that got old fast .

With the pinpointers we have now I can stick about anyplace are tie a string on it and drag it on the ground behind me but not on that shaft .

Why buy the lightest detector and turn around and add more weight .

Chuck 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jason-NEK said:

Man that's terrible to hear considering how great the products were that came out of his business.  Hopefully he kept all of his blue prints and build designs on computer file for the family to possibly sell out to someone that would consider continuing the SunRay product line.  

Just to be clear, it was the NEW owner that died.  So apparently the IP had already been passed on from the original family.  Who knows if anyone else is interested in continuing the business as that would be twice removed from the original family.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Nx-1 Sun Ray Inline Probe For The Equinox