Nokta Legend V1.11 Depth

That's really good to know, Jeff.  I don't recall anyone, including Nokta, mentioning that aspect of the F pattern in high iron situations.

As to the bottlecaps, I have to run it.  LA must be the bottlecap capital of the world there are so many!  With that being said, and it's just my experience, my 800 rejects bottlecaps much better than my Legend.  It's really no contest.

2 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

That's really good to know, Jeff.  I don't recall anyone, including Nokta, mentioning that aspect of the F pattern in high iron situations.

This characteristic is not limited to the Legend, like I said, Deus 2 and my Equinox 800 also will respond with intermittent iron tones of deeper coin sized objects along with giving ground noise feedback at target ID 11 Legend, 23 Deus 2 and +1 Equinox 800. Switching to a "ground subtraction mode" or adjusting the Legend ground suppression setting off of zero does not help. So this is related to high concentrations of magnetite plus volcanic material in the soil and not a flaw of some kind with these detectors that really do" see" just about everything really well.

2 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

As to the bottlecaps, I have to run it.  LA must be the bottlecap capital of the world there are so many!  With that being said, and it's just my experience, my 800 rejects bottlecaps much better than my Legend.  It's really no contest.

I have dug enough steel alloy bottle caps to be able to call them before digging with the Legend, Deus 2 and Equinox 800 except when the have been smashed completely flat or a about halfway rusted out.