My Son Is Convinced This Is A Meteorite:

My initial thought would be "no", based on the layering there which seems to indicate sedimentary rock like a concretion and not a meteorite. I don't think chondrites have layers other than fusion crusts, and that outside layer appears too thick to be fusion crust it doesn't seem to have any indications of melting. The interior part looks more meteorite-y than the outer part but I'm not certain it would be possible for a meteorite to land on Earth and then acquire an outer shell of mineralization without the meteorite oxidizing to nothing first. 

I'd guess ironstone concretion based on that. But maybe a meteorite expert might have another idea. Also, could try filing a window into it, you will see chondrules and iron/nickel native metal if it's a meteorite. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It looks like an iron nodule to me as well. If you do file a window into it, iron nickel meteorites should have a Widmanstätten (sort of a cross hatch) inter-growth pattern between the iron and nickel.  This inter-growth pattern is only found in iron-nickel meteorites.  See attached screenshot for examples.  Don’t expect to see this pattern unless you can polish a portion of the metal surface.

F478A181-7831-4F62-8476-80727403B925.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The exterior crust is way too thick as Jason rightly points out. If it was thin, I'd suggest 'maybe'.... best grind off a very small corner with bench grinder or steady angle grinder and see if any chondrules appear or bright native metal. A fine sander polish and coupla drops of nitric acid on the ground and polished surface will reveal any patterns like geohound suggests. At this stage.I'd say 90% no.