Artifact Finds Probably 100 Years Newer Than I Hoped

The round foil bits look like "Merry Widow" tin halves, a common and amusing find. 😀

Still cool stuff. 👍

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gold Seeker said:

The Miller item appears to be one half of an old padlock case.

Well that’s cool! I hadn’t thought of that option but it would explain the two openings on the top and the one opening in the bottom.

4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

The round foil bits look like "Merry Widow" tin halves, a common and amusing find. 😀

Still cool stuff. 👍

Ah.  I thought one of them said fresh something or other, but then there was a space followed by what I think is CA. So I wasn’t sure if it was a description or a city and state.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gold Seeker said:

The Miller item appears to be one half of an old padlock case.

Bingo! Just found a picture of one on the Internet. Thanks!

26632E1D-E17C-4D26-B7FF-0DA80BE5E089.png

• Like 6

Cool finds, Geologyhound, well done! The brass "badge" looks like a belt buckle or possibly horse tack to me. The .45 bullet looks like .45 ACP, probably from WWI to WWII era.

• Thanks 1

Had about 40 minutes to hunt this afternoon and stopped at this site.  I am glad I did, as I finally broke my silver drought. This is the first silver dime I have found with my Deus 2. I just updated to version 2. Timewise, this jives with the rest of the stuff I’m finding at this site. But it’s silver, in decent condition, and not a relatively recent Rosie. Overall, I would say that was a great last find of the day on my way back to the car!

E79D3688-329B-4198-9C04-9FDB310C2126.jpeg

3DE91EF8-17FF-4A08-B28C-07507450660C.jpeg

26EAC57E-7208-414A-AB1C-C742BBB2709A.jpeg

• Like 5

Nice find Ghound,

That's what I call the "thank you" find for saving history. 😀

I trust you are finding V2 to be a benefit?

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

I trust you are finding V2 to be a benefit?

Thanks!

Other than a few minutes in my backyard, this was my first real opportunity to use V2.  I may need to double check to make sure I entered my programs correctly. It seems like a lot of the targets are sounding off louder.  However, the coin had a nice soft pinpoint sound which told me it was smaller or deeper (about 5 inches).  I may need to adjust some of the volume levels.

• Like 1