Newb Meteorite Identification

At the risk of looking incredibly stupid, I was out metal detecting in Indiana and came across this buried about 9 inches in sandy soil out in a farm field. It is metal of some sort, doesn't appear to be magnetic and I am thinking it is just some melted metal or something that might have dropped off a farm truck or something but it just looks really strange considering where I found it. Any input would be appreciated, just want confirmation from experts before I toss it aside. 😀

IMG_2922.JPG

IMG_2923.JPG

Im no expert, but probably melted aluminum as its non-ferrous.  Usually aluminum slag is shinier though.  Maybe copper slag?  Have you tried scratching it to see the color of metal inside?

Absolutely correct. I scratched it and it was bright and shiny like aluminum. Looks like maybe an animal stepped in it and left a paw print. Probably some people camping there at one point and melted some beer cans or something and animals came around looking for leftovers. When we found it my kids and I were excited it could be something valuable like a meteorite but it was a fun experience nonetheless. Thank you so much for the feedback. 

1 hour ago, MetalHunter said:

Absolutely correct. I scratched it and it was bright and shiny like aluminum. Looks like maybe an animal stepped in it and left a paw print. Probably some people camping there at one point and melted some beer cans or something and animals came around looking for leftovers. When we found it my kids and I were excited it could be something valuable like a meteorite but it was a fun experience nonetheless. Thank you so much for the feedback. 

Poor critter who stepped on it must of got one hell of a hot foot!!

I would keep it just because of the paw print on it!!