How's Your Button?

fishersari

11 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

If it is gold, whoever lost it was rich. Never seen one before. Kinda like owning a gold toilet.

haha.. it was found at palm oil plantations in a soil with heavy use of fertilizer.. usually anything plated will be corroded and have ugly patina.. but this button came out as it is..  there were several buttons (like chinese origin button design) were found in this area but bigger abit than this. The thing that makes me unsure is the ID of 12. 

1 minute ago, fishersari said:

The thing that makes me unsure is the ID of 12.

That's a good gold #. You are right about how clean it comes out. The gold I've found in the salty sand or water has been gleaming bright. If it's plated, it gets worn off just from chemical reaction.

Its unfortunate that your button is showing wear already, there are some covers for about $ 25 that work pretty well, mine seems to have a little extra reflection, the only down side. It seems to have happened fast on your Manti, I wonder if the control pad is the same as the old noxs. 

8 hours ago, Dug D said:

Its unfortunate that your button is showing wear already, there are some covers for about $ 25 that work pretty well, mine seems to have a little extra reflection, the only down side. It seems to have happened fast on your Manti, I wonder if the control pad is the same as the old noxs. 

I'm surprise too.. not even a year yet .. its not like I go detecting everyday.. I'm a weekend detectorist.. usually around 4 to 7 hours per session.. even then not every weekend I went hunting except for the first few days back to back when I received the Manticore and m8. Hopefully it just effecting outer coating cosmetic. My nox 800 doesn't have this issue even after 4 years of used..

No problems with mine yet but I use mine mostly in the water so there isn't any dirt or grit on my fingers or gloves to wear or scratch anything. My Nox is one of the originals issued and has no signs of button wear.