Legend Or Impact?

Greetings. Can anyone with relevant experience advise if the Nokta Legend can compete with the Nokta Impact in non-beach areas? I see that the largest coil of Legend is quite a bit smaller than the largest coil of Impact. Does this make the Legend primarily a beach detector? and something for discrimination, depth, stability and response between these two detectors? Thanks anyway.

I do not have the Impact, but do have a lot of time on the Anfibio Multi. The Anfibio is an excellent all around detector and has slightly more raw power/depth than the Legend. The Concentric coil choices are useful also. From a practical standpoint the Legend offers much better stability on difficult ground, in Iron trash or in EMI. This allows you to be able to run near maximum if you want/need to. It is very rare to be able to run the Anfibio above 90 except in 3DI. The Legend has much better TID along with excellent audio intelligence.  The Anfibio is primarily an audio machine unless the targets are clean.  The Legend's added adjustability is also very useful. As far as big coils. the 35mm coils for each are excellent. The Anfibio's KR40 is too heavy to be practical for me and not really any deeper/sensitive than the AF35. I have no intentions of retiring my Anfibio, but I have 2 Legends & they get used a lot more.

I've had an Impact for a long time and still love it.  I've got a handful of coils for it as well.  I'll never part with it.

One of my buddies has a Legend.

If I was starting all over again and only choosing between these 2 I'd buy the Legend.  It has adjustable iron bias and recovery speed, SMF, waterproof, higher single freq when needed, better in minerals, more options to avoid EMI.

If you're ONLY talking about raw power in a non-mineralized environment...I'll put my Impact with the 13" Mars Discovery coil up against any VLF.  Especially when looking at cost.

The largest coil of the Legend is 'LG 35' that is 35x31cm. Correspondingly, of Impact is 39x45 cm. Does this on the part of the company promote one for the beach and the other for continental areas? or are they both equally good (for continent) and the lack of the large coil is covered by the technical development of the machine?

I would say the Legend is superior to the Impact/Anfibio series on a Beach/Saltwater environment due to it's SMF capabilities no matter the coil size.   The KR40 coil on my Anfibio has no advantage over the AF35 that I have been able to discover.  The extra weight of the KR40 is out of proportion due to it's older design compared to the 35mm coils.

I used the Impact several years ago. It was an excellent detector no doubt. I mostly detect in moderate to high iron mineralization and the Impact suffered from the same symptoms as all other single/ selectable single frequency detectors which are loss of target ID accuracy and loss of depth along with inconsistent ground balancing and ground noise chatter. So actually using that big coil you mentioned would have made things worse not better. 
The Legend may not have the biggest coil compared to the Impact, but in dirt around here it will detect deeper, detect targets with more accurate target IDs, ground balance much better and be less noisy from ground conditions due to its excellent simultaneous multi frequency tech compared to the Impact. Plus, the Legend has five selectable single frequencies to help fight EMI and a ton of other great features. I would pick the Legend every time over the Impact, without another thought.