Modified Deus Charging Clip

iron_buzz

If you've been using a Deus for any length of time at all, chances are that you have had the plastic spring break on your charging clip.  You probably cursed, and then ordered a new one.  I was getting tired of that, so instead I made a trip to my local hardware store and fixed the problem once and for all.

nVUx346[1].jpg

• Like 5

Replaces that plastic "spring" in the middle of the clip, which is prone to break. If it's broken, the clip won't grab itself to the coilcover.

The whole charging design on the deus is a mess. I use an 90° angled adapter for the usb connection - that way I can charge the coil with the stem folded / still in the back-pack. You can't charge the coil properly, without having the coilcover attached.. imho that's totally dumb.. but.. yeah 😄

• Like 3

19 hours ago, midalake said:

Ugh. What does that do??? 

Fixes a bad design. 

12 hours ago, SwiftSword said:

Under what circumstances would you want the coil cover off?

Cleaning + drying after a saltwater session and getting ready for the next..

I mean - come on, needing to put on the coil cover to be able to charge the coil... it's a removeable part, why would you want such a basic thing as charging the coil depend on the coil cover? I don't get it.

The Deus has some more of those quirks, where I don't understand, why they didn't change the design. The machine works fine, don't get me wrong - but I think some of the practical things could have been done way better for the price this thing costs.

• Like 1

I had been modifying my clips with springs for the past few years but eventually the plastic piece in the center will break just like the plastic spring does. I took the advice from someone on the forum here and used an exacto knife to cut a small bevel on the coil cover where the charging clip slides on and now I no longer have to open the clip extra far in order the slip the clip past the little ridge on the cover. This makes the soooo much easier to slip the clip onto the coil for charging. JMTCW

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I've never had any of the plastic hinges break, but I figure its just a matter of time.

Maybe we need to initiate a letter-writing campaign to XP about their charging clips.