Charging Cable Question

damatman88

I am looking to buy a single charging cable for my Deus 2. It is my understanding that the adapter is USB mini B. I'm assuming you can use any cable with this configuration.  I need a couple more that are longer than what XP provides.  Does anyone know if any mini B will work with the accessories?

32 minutes ago, damatman88 said:

I am looking to buy a single charging cable for my Deus 2. It is my understanding that the adapter is USB mini B. I'm assuming you can use any cable with this configuration.  I need a couple more that are longer than what XP provides.  Does anyone know if any mini B will work with the accessories?

Some do, some don't. I have a couple of longer ones that do, but when I was updating my headphones they did not work, I had to use the XP cable.

If you're just looking to charge your devices you should be ok with most. Get 'em from somewhere you can return 'em. 🙂

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Some do, some don't. I have a couple of longer ones that do, but when I was updating my headphones they did not work, I had to use the XP cable.

If you're just looking to charge your devices you should be ok with most. Get 'em from somewhere you can return 'em. 🙂

I think on the white cord, the metal part of the plug plug is just a little bit longer, and apparently that is needed to make the data connection that is necessary for updates.  It seems to charge OK with a shorter one (shorter metal part, I mean).

Why they didn't include that instead of the MI6 plug on the 3 plug cord is beyond me.  Even if everybody had an MI6 (I don't), headphones need charging more often.  And mostly... why did they make the entire thing so short that you can't charge the coil and the RC at the same time without breaking it down into pieces?

I love XP's engineering... most of the time.  But there are moments.  (I'm speaking to you, recharge clip designer and recharge cord designer)

9 hours ago, damatman88 said:

Yeah, it's my understanding that you have to use the provided XP triple charging cord for updates, but for general charging, you can use singles.

Actually, you’ve got that sort of backwards.  Besides being able to charge all D2 accessories (Remote, coils (except the new Xtreme hunter two-box which uses USB C), headphones, and the MI6), the D2 triple head cord is used to only update the D2 remote because it has required multifunction round screw-in barrel connector for the remote.  The other two mini USB B connectors on the triple-head charge cable provide charge power only and lack data pin connections and can’t be used for updates to the headphones.   In order to do updates to the headphones, you need the single USB mini B data/charge cable that was included in the D2 kit or, if you lost that, you need to get a third-party single USB cable with a mini B connector that has both power and the data pins connected or you can get an XP replacement single data/charge cable from an online shop that carries XP accessories. HTH

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Actually, you’ve got that sort of backwards.  Besides being able to charge all D2 accessories (Remote, coils (except the new Xtreme hunter two-box which uses USB C), headphones, and the MI6), the D2 triple head cord is used to only update the D2 remote because it has required multifunction round screw-in barrel connector for the remote.  The other two mini USB B connectors on the triple-head charge cable provide charge power only and lack data pin connections and can’t be used for updates to the headphones.   In order to do updates to the headphones, you need the single USB mini B data/charge cable that was included in the D2 kit or, if you lost that, you need to get a third-party single USB cable with a mini B connector that has both power and the data pins connected or you can get an XP replacement single data/charge cable from an online shop that carries XP accessories. HTH

So, getting any aftermarket USB mini B single cord that is longer, sans the data pins would be fine for just charging, correct? My whole reason for the longer cord is to be able to charge the coil and remote simultaneously without removing the remote from the rod. That dang 3 wire stock XP cord is a pain! The USB mini B cords that they supply are too short as well.

54 minutes ago, damatman88 said:

So, getting any aftermarket USB mini B single cord that is longer, sans the data pins would be fine for just charging, correct? My whole reason for the longer cord is to be able to charge the coil and remote simultaneously without removing the remote from the rod. That dang 3 wire stock XP cord is a pain! The USB mini B cords that they supply are too short as well.

Yep.  You got that right.  Any general purpose USB cable with a mini B plug should charge the coil, headphones, or Mi6.