Found A Junker Ring , Season Almost Over

gopher

• The title was changed to Found A Junker Ring , Season Almost Over

Go go Gopher! 👍

It doesn't matter if you get the gold or silver, many finds are cool in their own right, and not for nothing, change adds up 🤔

I hope it's rain for ya, dreading freezes and snow here too. Rain is a pain, mainly on the plain, makes things muddy, but lights up the targets.

Very nice. 🙂

• Like 1

Nice ring, gopher, and as they say, a ring is a ring! Well done!

I wish they would go to steel pennies here in the U.S. so they would eventually rust and ID lower. Of course that doesn't eliminate the 40 years of rotting zincolns in our ground. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

silence-2023-11-26-132410.thumb.jpg.b8831413130509bbf311afa5414c9dea.jpg

Yesterday, Nov 26, I got out to a skatepark before the snow, so much trash, pulltabs, bottle caps , foil, hardware from boards, bearing from wheels, only found these fee pennies, mostly copper, only 1 steel, most are 1980's

Looks like season is officially over, it will warm up Thursday according to my app but all the freezing before then the ground will probably be too crunchy to dig

I probably would have been better off heading to the park I found the ring in the OP instead of the skatepark, when I posted on Facebook I had more then one person tell me skateparks are too trashy

• Like 2

18 hours ago, gopher said:

I posted on Facebook I had more then one person tell me skateparks are too trashy

Still a productive hunt, you're doing just fine. 👍 It's never over until everything is frozen, and some intrepid Forum members make the most of that. 😀

I live in a rural area and we have no parks at all, so for local hunting in the off season for farms I have to find house permissions (very difficult) or spend my time traveling to two beaches. I'm thankful I'm retired and my wife likes to travel to distant beaches too, she doesn't mind me getting out early in the day.

Good luck, and do what you can. 🙂

• Like 1

I think I have extended my season  a bit.

Got a root slayer shovel , I can barely carry it for an hour and I have to climb up a foot to jump on it but it EXTENDS  my  season !!!🥸

Think I'm gonna mod my cheap garden spade to look like the slayer only a mini me , that I can carry all day (3 hours 🤔

• Like 1