Any Word On Any Detech Coils For The Legend?

9 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

The LG15 6" round DD coil, is an amazing little sniper coil, but like yourself, I found it to be a little small for my needs. Kind of like painting a wall with a brush, instead of a roller. The LG24 is my go to coil for most of my sites (Oh oh, I just got notified that Jeff replied lol). Most Legend owners who use the LG24, don't take it off much, unless they need large amounts of coverage.

For reasons Chase stated, I doubt there will be third party coils for the Legend. 

Somehow my reply got cut off so I’m going to try to re-do it from memory. I want to say it's like painting with a Q-tip, haha! It's indeed very small, but I can tell it will be a killer in heavy trash so I’m ok with that, but as a general use coil, I definitely need something a little larger. After resting everyone's replies, I think I’m going to have to resign myself to only the stock coils, but from what you all are saying, they are very good and AM coils are not even a necessity at this point. 

7 minutes ago, JCR said:

Detech coils are excellent on my MXT and I think they are an improvement over the available stock coils. This is common on older detectors but not nearly as much on detectors introduced in the last few years. OEM coils from Nokta Makro (and Garrett) are available in a wide range of sizes & perform extremely well. They saw the need/demand for a full range of coils and filled it for their units, and the quality & performance is first rate. I do not think a 6X8 SEF would hold any advantage over the Nokta LG24 or an Ultimate 13 over the LG35. I encourage you to get both.

Ah ok, so what I hear you saying is that in the past manufacturers have made lacklustre OEM coils but that coils on the new detectors, at least for Nokta, are far superior. That's actually good to know and will save me a pretty penny as Detech coils are actually quite expensive here in Canada. I will definitely be getting the LG 24 as soon as spring comes around, I am done with Picasso'ing it up with the LG15, lol. 

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for all of your replies and helping me figure out the best coil for my legend. I have much respect for everyone here, and as I said in the meet and greet forum, I appreciate so much the information and experience you all share here and I have learned and I am still learning so much from everybody! 

Take care of everyone and happy hunting and see you on the next post!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, My Little Bleeper said:

That's really good to hear that the stock coils are performing well, maybe even just as well as a Detech/Coiltek would. I’m actually surprised that your experience with the Detech coil wasn't deeper, but I have never used an aftermarket coil myself and am solely relying on anecdotal experiences from others such as yourself, as well as YouTubers, etc., so I don't really know what to expect. But that's good to hear that the stock coils are on the money. Would you say that the LG24 is worth the extra $200, or do you think I should just wait to see if NEL or Detech come out with something better?

If you are in the USA/Canada, the Nokta Legend LG24 coil should cost $139 US at the most. If you are charged more you should look elsewhere for the coil.

• Like 1