Gold Kruzer And Gk40 Coil?

Has anyone tried the gk40 coil on the gold kruzer. I really can't find any reviews or testimonials on that coil. I'm interested to here how it performs on anything.  Maybe even deeper larger gold? 

I have the KR40 for my Anfibio. I have not found it to be noticeably deeper than the AF 35.  It IS noticeably much heavier.

• Like 3

I just bought one several weeks ago. I haven’t put it through it’s paces yet but it feels pretty heavy and decided I will not use it for anything but quick initial survey of new areas. I also have the gk24 which is my current favorite Hunter coil.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tye said:

I just bought one several weeks ago. I haven’t put it through it’s paces yet but it feels pretty heavy and decided I will not use it for anything but quick initial survey of new areas. I also have the gk24 which is my current favorite Hunter coil.

I've also wondered about the gk24. Is as sensitive as the gk26 it comes with?

I have never really done a side by side comparison but the gk24 is quite sensitive on the tiny bits of gold and is better in trashy type conditions. 

• Like 2

makro-gold-racer-with-15x13-dd-coil-2.jpg
Makro Gold Racer with GR40 15.5" x 13" coil

I can’t speak to the Gold Kruzer but I liked the coil on the Gold Racer. Downside is it would be even more nose heavy on the Kruzer than it was on the Racer, even though it is a light coil for its size. Surprisingly sensitive to small items. It would add depth on larger items in low mineral ground but possible lose depth in high mineral ground, not uncommon on oversize VLF coils in extreme ground (that’s why PI exists). No matter what you will benefit from more ground coverage, but depth will be 100% dependent on how bad the ground is, and again, in the worst ground it could work against you.

You can read my comments on the coil here in the last half of the review.

• Like 3