How Is Your Carry Bag?

fishersari

I got one with my Nox 800 that looks like it might be the same bag.  It lasted about like yours too.

For my Manticore I have been using a compound bow case and it's worked very well.  I just went for an el-cheapo, this one:

Amazon.com : LWANO Compound Bow Case Light-Weight Soft Bow Bag with Arrow Pocket and Backpack Straps : Sports & Outdoors

There's a huge variety of such cases available though.  This one should fit both extra coils mounted on extra shafts pretty well I think.

- Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have several traditional carry cases but now that the newer shafts are mainly telescopic, I found them to be too big to carry around. Especially for my Manticore.

I got bored one day, took a short drive to Jo-Ann Fabrics (Soldotna, Alaska) and purchased a few supplies like:

A 36" zipper, some black canvas fabric, a small amount of Velcro. And lastly, the carry straps came from an old fishing wader belt. 

With absolutely no sewing machine experience and minimal frustration, I managed to make my own carry bag for around $20.00 USD. I even added an outside pocket with Velcro to bring along a few accessories.

If the quality craftsmanship fails, I know who to contact 🙂

Anyways, I just wanted to show you guys that are interested, that one can be made at a bargain price. It also comes with a little pride and accomplishment too.

It really was easy, I promise.

John

Mantiocre Carry Bag.jpg

• Like 1

Did your carry bag has padding inside? I think I'll ask my wife if she want to do it... lol

I researched the compound bow bag like @UT Dave and found a bag that almost identical with the Manticore free carry bag

compoundbowbag.JPG.5f48d04cc927fed67979203003ddc6a6.JPG

8 dollar .... 😒

7 minutes ago, fishersari said:

Did your carry bag has padding inside? I think I'll ask my wife if she want to do it... lol

I researched the compound bow bag like @UT Dave and found a bag that almost identical with the Manticore free carry bag

compoundbowbag.JPG.5f48d04cc927fed67979203003ddc6a6.JPG

8 dollar .... 😒

If I would have known about that bag I could have saved myself a little money and some time. Thanks for the update. I'll keep this one in mind next time I'm looking for a smaller carry bag.

My custom bag was not padded.

John

4 hours ago, CoinShooter said:

If I would have known about that bag I could have saved myself a little money and some time. Thanks for the update. I'll keep this one in mind next time I'm looking for a smaller carry bag.

no man.. don't buy that bag.. its rubbish.. maybe the little expensive one is much better, tennis bag is good too but I didn't found any that fit the Manticore as a whole yet.. or I'll make custom bag like yours..

Check Goodwill/Salvation Army/secondhand stores ! 👍

I've had amazing luck finding cases for a lot of my things there . After seeing what was there ,I made a list of things I wanted cases for with dimensions. and brought it in with a tape measure every trip. I found cases for over half of my list that fit perfect and that includes accessories where needed over a period of about a year.  

I only bought the HD higher end ones too.

Never paid more than $10 for any of them , most were $2-$5.

Go often , the good things don't last long. 

(I went every day , mom lived a couple of blocks away ..)