Is It Just My Impression? Coil Impact

raziel900

Hi everyone,it's been a while i used the deus 2 i updated to 1.1 and i went to try it. idon't know if it's just in my mind but i noticed a greater sensitivity/instability of the coil to impacts with vegetation...it seems to chatter more than with 0.71,is it just my impression? or actually with the new update there was something that affected this???

ps: sorry for my bad english 😞

1 hour ago, raziel900 said:

Hi everyone,it's been a while i used the deus 2 i updated to 1.1 and i went to try it. idon't know if it's just in my mind but i noticed a greater sensitivity/instability of the coil to impacts with vegetation...it seems to chatter more than with 0.71,is it just my impression? or actually with the new update there was something that affected this???

ps: sorry for my bad english 😞

I wouldn't bother with V1.1, I'd go right to V2. Much better overall including more sensitivity to small objects. Bump sensitivity did increase possibly for that reason. I have noticed it too, but the advantages of updating far outweigh the disadvantages.

I'm sure you can find posts regarding V1.1 problems, V2 has a lot of improvements.

Make sure you update your headphones as well. 🙂

The translation is fine for me! 👍

37 minutes ago, raziel900 said:

V2 has a lot of improvements? With V2 only the Goldfield prog has been modified...  I don't think it adds anything else

Well let's say V1 and V1.1 had some changes, but V2 sorted them out. IMO everything is better, V2 does a lot more than just fix gold field.

It doesn't make sense to stay at V.071. 🙂 V1.1 had its own issues. It doesn't make sense to stay at V1.1 either.

54 minutes ago, raziel900 said:

i don't understand, where is it written that v2 improves other things besides goldfield? the official changelog is clear it only modifies goldfield prog, what would these other improvements be?

New features added, I seem to remember - also the WS6 was given almost all the features of the remote, except XY screen and multi-program saving.

V2 also fixed some of the 'fixes' in the earlier V1.XX !!

2 hours ago, raziel900 said:

i don't understand, where is it written that v2 improves other things besides goldfield? the official changelog is clear it only modifies goldfield prog, what would these other improvements be?

You don't understand because you don't see it in a changelog? 🤔

My friend, If I lived my life having to see something in print to believe it, I'd have walked off a cliff while looking at my phone for directions. 🤪

All companies that make electronic devices reserve the right to change some things without telling you to protect themselves from liability, for security, and to avoid embarrassing situations. We are telling you that more has changed than they print.

We are the people who have used this detector since it first sold. I personally have hundreds of hours using every version, I have every coil, headphone and accessory.

I'm thinking you may be afraid to update the machine. If so that is fine, but don't argue with experience. 🙂

I would never dare to doubt what you say but we don't know each other and I don't know how much experience you have... I also have the deus 2 since it came out and I hunt exclusively in dense vegetation the coil hits every branch, shrub or stone in very narrow spaces, for my hunt having a metal "chatter" is of no advantage because that chatter distracts me from possible deep small ancient European targets...Having said that, I was stopped for a few months due to the summer heat, I updated and noticed this chatter... harmful for my type of hunting

1 hour ago, raziel900 said:

I would never dare to doubt what you say but we don't know each other and I don't know how much experience you have... I also have the deus 2 since it came out and I hunt exclusively in dense vegetation the coil hits every branch, shrub or stone in very narrow spaces, for my hunt having a metal "chatter" is of no advantage because that chatter distracts me from possible deep small ancient European targets...Having said that, I was stopped for a few months due to the summer heat, I updated and noticed this chatter... harmful for my type of hunting

I can tell you I was doing just fine with V0.71. When V1 came out it was very troublesome for me, none of my older programs worked as well and there were issues with pinpoint on the WS6 Master. I've learned to adapt to the newest version.

I didn't really notice the extra bump sensitivity until I updated to V2, but I did so at the end of the beach season. It wasn't until I got out in the fields with corn stalks and bean stubble that it stood out, but to me the extra sensitivity is worth the noise.

Now I completely understand why you are reluctant to update, I hope that you can roll it back to V0.71 if you don't like V1.1. I firmly believe they did a lot more than they have documented, but can tell you nothing specific.

I'm happy with V2 because IDs seem much more solid, I like the addition of High Square audio and all the fixes to the WS6 which I also use frequently. I've even been able to use the WS6 in water by adding a coax cable as a waveguide.

I use my Deus anywhere from 2 to 4 times a week, anywhere from 3 to 8 hours each time . I am not an engineer or scientist, so I can't explain the particulars.

Yes, it is more sensitive. 🙂 I hope you can find a solution that helps.