Double Score

Thinking on adding this detector.   I have the legend and equinox 800.  I have seen videos of the double score being equally as good.   Is that what you guys are seeing or should I just save the $?

• Like 1

Double Score is looking good.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have been test driving the Double Score and have uploaded 2 vids on my findings.  My youtube channel is mowerdog.

I don't own a Legend but have been around one.  I have owned an 800 though.  I would place the Double Score just under the 600.  I can tell you this so far.  It's a super performer and deep with accurate TID.  Watch my vids because there are some issues.  But for $400 a person can make it work just fine.  I've just ordered a SC24 coil.  I think this combo will ge great.  The stock 12 inch coil is too big for general hunting.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2024 at 4:03 AM, khouse said:

.... The stock 12 inch coil is too big for general hunting.  

I entirely agree the Score stock coil is too big for general hunting .  For me a round 9 inch coil ( or elliptical equivalent )  is the ideal compromise for inland coin/relic hunting , still compact size and very good depth .  

Unfortunately no 9" or equivalent elliptical ( 10X7 ) coil is available for the NM Score. And the SC24 ( 25 X 14cm )  is too small for me .

I would be interested by a DScore if it had a 9"coil  . ML did the same error with the Equinox a few years ago btw ,  hopefully Coiltek released a 9" coil for the Equinox later. 

Fortunately ML released the Vanquish 340 and 440 with the excellent 10X7 coil . As far as I know the Vanquish 340 is a best seller 

May be we will have to wait 2 or 3 years before Coiltek release a 9" coil for the Scores ?  ...  🤐

Sometimes I wonder if the MD's companies managers and marketing people go in the field to test or simply try their detectors  ... 

• Like 1

It is strange now, that most coils are 11" round and rest elliptical. An 8" round coil used be a standard size with a bigger coil being a 10" round.

I also would like to see detectors having round coils from 8" to 10". 

I have never liked the 11" round coils that seems to be the standard now. I don't understand why that is. 8" or 9" round should be the standard.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

It is strange now, that most coils are 11" round and rest elliptical.

The Vanquish coil set has 3 elliptical coils ( no round coil ) :

- V8 = 8X6      ( round 7 equivalent )
- V10 = 10X8   ( round 9 equivalent )  
- V12 = 12X10 ( round 11 equivalent )

They all work very well , especially the V10 ( very light with depth perfos identical to a 9 round from my measurements )  , it is the Vanquish V340 and V440 stock coil .

I like elliptical coils because they are more compact than a round coil . For example they are easier to put in a rucksack. Elliptical coils have a good iron separation because of their reduced width , and a very good ground coverage because they are longer than circular coils 

vanquishcoils.png

• Like 1