The New Guy!

JackMan

2 hours ago, RickUK said:

Welcome to the forum,alas i cannot help you with regards your mentioned detectors as i have never used any of them and also i dont do nugget shooting here in the UK,but i do coin and relic hunting though.....good luck with what ever option you choose.

Thanks RickUK

15 hours ago, JackMan said:

Hey kac so are you saying the Kruzer isn't worth the money?

Last year you could have snagged a Gold Kruzer new in box for just over $300 because it was rumored they were being discontinued. Few months later there was a change of heart. Electronically the Gold Kruzer, Multi Kruzer and Anfibio are good machines. I personally had issues from day 1 with my Multi Kruzer with leaking. Though it was a tiny leak it caused falsing on the unit when tipped and fogging behind the screen. Took me forever to trace it down as I thought it was near the cabling, then thought I had a bad gasket and finally traced the leak down to a flaw in the case itself. Not a weak spot but rather where and how it was molded. By then the machine was well out of warranty. I also had trouble trying to source an internal battery and trying to source a stock battery from service fell on deaf ears so I was able to find one on ebay and put that in. Fixed the leak and my Brother In Law now has the machine and its running well for him as I have moved on from Nokta.

Other option would be the Garrett 24k but not sure if that is in your budget range. Sometimes you can get them as open box. As for the Orx I have heard good things about the eliptical Hf coil. I had an Orx for a bit and it is a nice machine but I had purchased it with the 9" round hf coil that didn't work well in my neck of the woods and type of hunting I do.

I believe there is a waterproof kit you can use on the Orx as well.